By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

MegaDrive08 said:

As much as i hate to admit it, i feel Nintendo is going the way of SEGA, i think the NX is there last roll of the dice in the home console market after already shifting towards tablets even more, gaming will die for me if this happens, the gaming hardware market will have finally lost all of its authentic players.

Im not sure it would be that bad. I love Nintendo, but gaming just isnt the same as it once was. It would be sad, but we would still have about 40 years of Nintendo history to still play

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Nope young kids know exactly what they want, Pokemon didnt become huge with kids becuase people just randomly bought Pokemon related things and expected children to learn to love them, same goes for Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Skylanders, Minecraft, etc.These things became huge because kids wanted them.

Honestly what u are saying is just pure nonsense.

I'm talking about when it comes to platforms. Obviously software is a different case once they have hardware. Software isn't a $200-$400 commitment. Comparing minecraft or skylanders to buying a console is the nonsense. And let's not pretend kids didn't get into that stuff because of their parents, because they did. Parents choose what their kids watch and what their kids play and what their kids are exposed to.

RolStoppable said:

Even with that kind of logic, you would have to admit that a handheld Mario Kart game is due in 2017. And since NX will have both a home console and handheld... I hope you figure.

I already explained that. It doesn't matter that its soon enough for the NXDS because its way too soon for the NX console. The game will be coming out on both platforms and at the same time, so that's going to take precidence. That's why I called it a special case.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope young kids know exactly what they want, Pokemon didnt become huge with kids becuase people just randomly bought Pokemon related things and expected children to learn to love them, same goes for Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Skylanders, Minecraft, etc.These things became huge because kids wanted them.

Honestly what u are saying is just pure nonsense.

I'm talking about when it comes to platforms. Obviously software is a different case once they have hardware. Software isn't a $200-$400 commitment. Comparing minecraft or skylanders to buying a console is the nonsense. And let's not pretend kids didn't get into that stuff because of their parents, because they did. Parents choose what their kids watch and what their kids play and what their kids are exposed to.

Ok NES, Gameboy, Wii, DS, these were all popular among children because parents told their kids thats what they wanted.

What ur saying is nonsense, kids decide what they want in terms of toys and more times than not parents will give in and get it for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It's all coming together now, there is so much to support a 2016 launch for NX at this point that no one should be arguing against it any longer.
This would also explain why Nintendo have been so slow and/or reluctant to restock in Japan.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
JetSetter said:

You really honestly think that Nintendo will forgo a new entry in a multi million selling franchise like Smash? 

Not sure about that, but how could they ever top this roster without having pretty much every single DLC character brought back again? There's the possibility of a long term strategy with DLC updates. While I don't think it would mean it's the last Smash game, I could see it lasting for many years like Street Fighter 4 did.

Well Smash is a game meant to last a while. But really while it would very hard to top this roster, other fighting games (like SF) don't bring back every single fighter for each game after wards. 

MegaDrive08 said:
I dont think ill bother with the NX either, if that rumoured control is real, i dont like the look of it at all, would have to blow my socks off for me to consider purchasing it.

Im not buying NX. Nintendo have just pissed me off time after time this gen, and I haven't the money to invest into yet more hardware. In fact, if I had the money I still wouldnt buy the NX. I would prob get Playstation VR instead lol

I wasn't expecting Nintendo to end Wii U production so soon. Anyway, I don't really care that they are killing it early, but I am pissed that the Wii U won't get its own Zelda game.

Who's gonna produce Wii Us in 2017? Are they not going to sell hardware in 2017? Because NX is November 2017!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Who's gonna produce Wii Us in 2017? Are they not going to sell hardware in 2017? Because NX is November 2017!

Yeah because WiiUs are just flying off the shelves...