By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm Moving to America :-)

Conegamer said:
Glad to hear you finally found a way. Congratulations and good luck!
hunter_alien said:
Congrats m8. Good to see your dreams come true

Thanks guys It's coming up to 2am here, and I've got work in the morning. Don't know if I have any chance of sleeping tonight.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Just wait, wait until the 2016 presidential election. A lot can change in America over this election. If Trump wins, go back and enjoy your life. I'll be moving too if he wins.

Move anyway. Explore the world a bit, if your profile age is right (19), this is the perfect time. Leaving my home country was the best decision I ever made. You have enough time to properly live in 5+ countries before other life shit starts taking over.

I said the same thing to my younger brother, he's now 21. Him and his girlfriend have been in Australia now for about a year, by the looks of things, he's gonna be mighty depressed when he has to go back home.

As for your Trump comment, this isn't in the politics section, so I won't delve into it.

Living in the US, yuck... you have to live in a hell-hole to consider moving to such a repulsive country an improvement, good luck with that mate... the only state I would consider living in would be Washington (not DC)!

User moderated -RavenXtra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:
Living in the US, yuck... you have to live in a hell-hole to consider moving to such a repulsive country an improvement, good luck with that mate... the only state I would consider living in would be Washington (not DC)!

The United Kingdom, and Hong Kong

Where are you moving from? I work for a company that has a base in NJ. I wouldn't move there if they doubled my salary.  Newark is an absolute dump.

America was cool years ago when the illusion worked. But outside of being rich in New York, it's a disaster. Then there is the fact that being rich anywhere is great, so why New York? You're not rich, you're not living in New York. But if this is your dream, then go for it.

Around the Network

Congratz!

SamuelRSmith said:
Game_God said:

You lived in the UK and are moving the New Jersey? Alrighty then :P

Stay within the following and you'll be fine.

• Don't bring your wallet out at night, Ignore the racists,
  • don't have ambition to land a good job,
  • don't have kids, like ever
  • If you knock someone up, don't expect to be able to afford to educate her kid.
  • Also if the kid does arrive, expect to pay 50k for the birth.
  • Good luck finding a house with property tax = the same as the mortgage payment
  • get a job that provides health insurance or own your own health insurance company,
  • never get sick, even if you have health insurance
  • don't expect to afford to go back to University. If you do, slap yourself.
  • Ignore racists and if they beat you up, ignore it. Also don't visit a hospital after being beaten.
  • Chris Christie
  • Donald Trump
  • Billary Clinton
  • I hope your vegetarian, or else enjoy spending $9.99 a lb on beef.
  • Don't expect to live near or make friends with a large amount of people outside your ethnic grouping.
  • Do some research on credit scores. You, as an immigrant will be screwed.

Source: Lived it for 5 years. Worth it for my US wife but we now live elsewhere.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Where are you moving from? I work for a company that has a base in NJ. I wouldn't move there if they doubled my salary.  Newark is an absolute dump.

America was cool years ago when the illusion worked. But outside of being rich in New York, it's a disaster. Then there is the fact that being rich anywhere is great, so why New York? You're not rich, you're not living in New York. But if this is your dream, then go for it.

I wouldn't be so sure on the not rich part.

NY is good for me and my gf because we're both in finance. You're right, I wouldn't want to raise a family there, and that's not my plan. This is a couple of years thing. Maybe (hopefully) somewhere else in the US after, maybe another country entirely.

We're not in Newark, never been there.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
SamuelRSmith said:

You lived in the UK and are moving the New Jersey? Alrighty then :P

Stay within the following and you'll be fine.

• Don't bring your wallet out at night, Ignore the racists,
  • don't have ambition to land a good job,
  • don't have kids, like ever
  • If you knock someone up, don't expect to be able to afford to educate her kid
  • get a job that provides health insurance or own your own health insurance company,
  • never get sick, even if you have health insurance
  • don't expect to afford to go back to University. If you do, slap yourself.
  • Ignore racists and if they beat you up, ignore it. Also don't visit a hospital after being beaten.
  • Chris Christie
  • Donald Trump
  • Billary Clinton
  • I hope your vegetarian, or else enjoy spending $9.99 a lb on beef.
  • Don't expect to live near or make friends with a large amount of people outside your ethnic grouping.

As a black guy living in Georgia, virtually nothing you said (outside of the names) actually applies to me. Guess I'm lucky!

SamuelRSmith said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

I wouldn't be so sure on the not rich part.

NY is good for me and my gf because we're both in finance. You're right, I wouldn't want to raise a family there, and that's not my plan. This is a couple of years thing. Maybe (hopefully) somewhere else in the US after, maybe another country entirely.

We're not in Newark, never been there.

Oh good. Read my other post too. And rich? To live in NY, they would have had to pay me $150k per annum. Working in finance is one thing. Having a stable job for life, or living in NY and trying to save to get out is another. And don't bother with other states. They are either red neck or like the UK but much worse, with higher homeless, no public hospitals, terrible public schools, and massive amounts of racism.