By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win Gen 8.5?

Who will win Gen 8.5?

PS 4.5 103 60.95%

XBox Two 12 7.10%

NX 54 31.95%

Total:169

So it seems more and more likely that the "big 3" are all going to abruptly release new consoles or updated consoles.  Would a PS4.5 hurt or build momentum?  Would an XBox One and a Half bring something new?  Will the NX be the next Wii or more U?  Who needs the update most?  Who would it be worst for?  Thoughts?

Around the Network

The OUYA 1.5 revision will be the definitive system.

We don't know how much the HD twins revisions will improve the originals, and how well they will be supported. The same with the NX, only in that case we know that at least will have Mario, so that's good. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

There won't be a 8,5.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Where's the "There won't be a 8.5 generation" option?

The PS4 slim is probably output 4K video. I can almost guarantee that games will play exactly the same as they do on the PS4, because Sony would have to be suicidal otherwise.

All of these people are getting on this hype train that that has been blown way out of proportion by what can only be described as "ignorant delusions". If you think this is a good business idea, you don't understand how console makers actually make money over the life of a console. If you think they can model it off of the cell phone industry, you don't understand that the cell phone industry would be radically different if people had to pay the full price of their cell phones up front rather than spreading it over the life of their cell phone contract. If you think they can make their console a platform, like iOS, please let me know how many of the latest graphics intensive iPhone games run on the 5 year old iPhone 3G. The whole ecosystem is designed around people buying new phones every 2-3 years.

Take the time and actually think about how the scenarios you're dreaming of in your head, and take a second to see if you can find ways why they won't work. It'll do a lot of people on this site a world of good to add some reality checks to their lives.

I don't know why we've taken a post on kotaku of all sites as fact

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Lol. What a pointless thread.

Gamemaster87 said:

lol.  What a pointless post.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Gamemaster87 said:

We have no official confirmation taht something like a PS4.5 or Xbox One.5 exists. We don't even know what the NX is. Your thread is just pure speculation.

Gamemaster87 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

We have no official confirmation taht something like a PS4.5 or Xbox One.5 exists. We don't even know what the NX is. Your thread is just pure speculation.

Of course it is.  Speculation is one type of discussion.

Xbox Two sounds like the next gen for XB rather than being the upgraded XB1, I think it should be called XB1+ (ref Sony's PS+) or XB1up (ref Nintendo 1up). =P