By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This generation has the most Zelda titles from Nintendo

On top of my head from Gen 3 to Gen 8 

Gen 3 NES (2):

Zelda 1 & 2

Gen 4 SNES (1!): 

Link to the Past 

Gen 5 N64 and GBC (4-6?):

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Link's Awakening/DX

Oracle of Ages/Season

CDi games

Gen 6 GC and GBA (4-5?):

Link to the Past port

Windwaker

Fourswords

Twilight Princess?

Minish Cap

Gen 7 Wii & DS (4-5?):

Twilight Princess

Link's Crossing Bow

Phantom Hourglass

Spirit Tracks

Skyward Sword

Gen 8 Wii U and 3DS (7-9?)

Ocarina of TIme 3D

Windwaker HD

Link Between Worlds

Hyrule Warriors

Majora's Mask 3D

Tri-force Heroes

Twilight Princess HD

Hyrule Warriors Legends

Zelda Wii U/NX

Crazy! Now Compare this to main Mario platformers

Wii U & 3DS:

New Super Mario Bros 2

New Super Mario U

Super Mario 3D Land

Super Mario 3D World

And its still crazy Even if you take out the two Hyrule Warriors, Wii U and 3DS has 6-7 Zelda titles total! The closest to this is  Gen 5 with 6 Zelda titles but that includes the Link's Awakening  DX port and the other Oracle game that came out in the same generation! 

Around the Network

You missed the GBA remakes of Zelda 1 and 2, and a couple other smaller ones that nobody tends to count.

That said it's been an alarming trend that Nintendo has continued to increase its volume of Zelda the past few years. I've gone on record before noting that there are about as many Zelda games from 2011-2016 as there were from 2001-2011. It's a trend that as a fan I don't mind but one that also worries me for the future, when we have to get three remakes and a spinoff to fill out a release lineup while they port Zelda U to NX.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Hm, so far I only see one Zelda game there and that's Link Between Worlds, all other are either remasters/remakes or spin-offs. Given they'll pull TP with Zelda U, that's not very flattering.

Also the most remasters in we've every seen in a single gen.

Don't get me wrong, I like remasters and want more. Good/great games made better is fine with me. But I don't think they deserve the same credit as genuine new games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

HoloDust said:
Hm, so far I only see one Zelda game there and that's Link Between Worlds, all other are either remasters/remakes or spin-offs.

Implying ALBW isn't cut version of ALttP for casuals.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Hm, so far I only see one Zelda game there and that's Link Between Worlds, all other are either remasters/remakes or spin-offs. Given they'll pull TP with Zelda U, that's not very flattering.

/Thread as far as most people are concerned.

I guess all the remakes had to happen at some point. Not a fan of hyrule warriors though

HoloDust said:

^ this.

Most tiles of zelda my arse.

old ported games should be a given, and shouldnt count towards how many zelda games a gen has.

(if you already own or have played them before... this gen for zelda has been a let down)

they're like all rehashes though. Sort of a false statement. by far fewer ORIGINAL Zelda titles this generation than others

Gen 4 had 2, Links Awakening originally came out on the OG GB. DX on GBC is a re-release.

As far as those Mario games go, at least they're all new. If your counting Hyrule Warriors then what about Mario Kart/Golf etc?

But yeah I get your point and do generally agree, there's too much Zelda atm, they should tone it down a tad imo.

You forgot Four Swords Adventures for le Gamecube. Also Four Swords Anniversary for DSi.