BraLoD said:
Shadow8 said:

Gives you an excuse to start reading Jojo xD

Nice try XD

D:

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I don't read spoilers xP

Well gee, aren't you cool with your...your...SELF-CONTROL!

Yeah I try to avoid spoilers too...but after a long break I get antsy. Especially with certain manga that don't get translated right away. I avoided OP spoilers at least!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Alright, without further adooey, it's Jumpday...Monday!

One Piece: That feeling when you get more frequent Hunter x Hunter updates than One Piece...

The Marine Propaganda comic reminded me of the Noland story. We already know that Germa 66 is a legitimate organization, so I wouldn't doubt this comic hero being based on a historical figure as well. Like Noland, it's likely that the character was warped over time...maybe the character was even a pirate or revolutionary.

It looks like Sanji tamed that wild libido of his, and is shunning that cute wife again. I don't know why Lola is there...is she with the Firetank Pirates, or is her own crew associated with Big Mom? I remember she told Luffy that her mom would offer support at some point...is it likely that she's one of Litlin's kids?

I cracked up at Luffy eating the fish already. Of course that was going to happen. I like that Luffy is meeting with one of Sanji's relatives before Big Mom's crew. I wonder if they'll be allies initially...or if the Germa 66 will be villains this entire arc. I can't wait to find out!  

Frick though...have to wait two weeks again. *paces angrily*

Bleach: Kubo better not be planning what I think he's planning...

I'm getting serious deathflag vibes here. Seriously, if Orihime is killed off at this point, I'll freaking lose it. 

Also why won't Thor die already. This fight is stupid. If it wasn't for me being anxious about Orihime I'd probably put this manga on hold again. Kubo's pacing has been atrocious for most of this arc.  

Hunter x Hunter: SHUT UP ALREADY

God dang it Chrollo, how about some show and then tell? This fight reminds me of a video game that gives you a 20 minute tutorial before letting you do anything.

Still, the actual fight seems interesting now that it's moving. Chrollo is pretty crafty...though I wonder if he's going to die after all this exposition. These are both important villains...but you never know with Togashi.

A few random thoughts. Chrollo is using Shalnark's ability...and unless his Skill Hunter ability has changed, this likely means that Shalnark can't use Nen anymore. My other thought is Chrollo's puppet manipulation ability seems a lot like the ability of Omokage, a former Troupe member that only appeared in the first movie. I wonder if that was canon...or at least the character was.  

Nisekoi:  Spoilers are out...but I'm still a bit skeptical. I'll post something once I see scans...if I feel like it anyway. If true, I'm looking forward to seeing Chitoge meet her future mother-in-law.  

Also, this is fantastic:

That's right, I totally made a cameo this week...hehe.

Super_Boom said:

Alright, without further adooey, it's Jumpday...Monday!

One Piece: That feeling when you get more frequent Hunter x Hunter updates than One Piece...

The Marine Propaganda comic reminded me of the Noland story. We already know that Germa 66 is a legitimate organization, so I wouldn't doubt this comic hero being based on a historical figure as well. Like Noland, it's likely that the character was warped over time...maybe the character was even a pirate or revolutionary.

It looks like Sanji tamed that wild libido of his, and is shunning that cute wife again. I don't know why Lola is there...is she with the Firetank Pirates, or is her own crew associated with Big Mom? I remember she told Luffy that her mom would offer support at some point...is it likely that she's one of Litlin's kids?

I cracked up at Luffy eating the fish already. Of course that was going to happen. I like that Luffy is meeting with one of Sanji's relatives before Big Mom's crew. I wonder if they'll be allies initially...or if the Germa 66 will be villains this entire arc. I can't wait to find out!  

I think is pretty safe to assume Lola is one of Big mom's daughters, but her involvement in this situation is yet to be seen, she can either help Sanji and the straw hats because of what they did at Thriller Bark or not.

Mike321 said:

I think is pretty safe to assume Lola is one of Big mom's daughters, but her involvement in this situation is yet to be seen, she can either help Sanji and the straw hats because of what they did at Thriller Bark or not.

True...it all adds up too well to be a coincidence.

I don't think Oda would turn her into a true villain...she was just way too quirky. Always proposing to everyone. I think she'll be like Pekoms and side with Luffy out of pride, rather than loyalty to his/her captain.

Though maybe I'm wrong...and she's still bitter that she wasn't super enough.  

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

True...it all adds up too well to be a coincidence.

I don't think Oda would turn her into a true villain...she was just way too quirky. Always proposing to everyone. I think she'll be like Pekoms and side with Luffy out of pride, rather than loyalty to his/her captain.

Though maybe I'm wrong...and she's still bitter that she wasn't super enough.  

xD Lola never had a chance, plus we all know the real deal is Franky x Robin because their very personal relationship :P

Favorite manga characters?  That's tough.  Let's see ...

Chihaya from Chihayafuru - such a unique character.  She brings so much emotion, which is what drives the manga.

Mafuyu from Oresama Teacher - (and her alter ego).  She's an ex-delinquent with bad taste but she's also a complete badass.

Misuzu from Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Yeah, she's awesome.

Those are the first that come to mind.

Versus_Evil said:

I know I shouldn't fraternise with the enemy and all but following on from a recent topic in the anime thread here's the other side of that topic.

What's your favourite manga character and why?

;_; Is that how you see this thread? I thought we were like sister threads...?

Anyways, my default answer is just Rurouni Kenshin from said manga. It was the 1st manga I read and loved, and I love his character. He is a kind, friendly, lovable guy who is actually very strong, but uses this strength for the good of the people, and I highly respeaked that. I wish I could be someone like him: Strong, but kind and very cool x )

Another character I have to mention is Yotsuba from... said manga again! She is such a kid and troublesome, yet lovable character. I love seeing her learn about new things everyday and her reactions to them. Yotsuba is super enegetic sometimes to the point of tiresome, but you can't help but smile and laugh at her character. She is great to see in action, and overall fun to be with.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Yotsuba is awesome.  Her being an assassin is one of the best things I've ever seen.

This used to be my avatar on another forum for a long time:

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Yotsuba is awesome.  Her being an assassin is one of the best things I've ever seen.

This used to be my avatar on another forum for a long time:

Ahaha, that chapter was definitely one of my most favorite in the series. There were so many hilarious moments in just that chapter. I think it was the one I would re-read every now and then just because it was so funny. x )

I don't follow the manga anymore. I feel like the series just sort of.... disappeared. I don't know what happened to it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread