I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

Currently reading: Tokyo Ghoul Re, Beserk, Seven Deadly Sins, Boruto

Never knew we had this thread that's cool. Currently I'm binging Beserk and god its good. Always was skeptical about this series but it's so good. Funny thing is I read Claymore before Beserk and I can really see why I love Beserk soon as I read it.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

Yeah...I didn't really care for the change in tone. The Arabian Nights tone was really unique, and I didn't exactly feel wowed by the psuedo-modern setting. I didn't hate it...but unlike some other manga I complain about, Magi was pretty text-heavy, and would take longer to read. I also wasn't crazy about the main cast, other than Morgiana and Sinbad.

I did read the spinoff for a while though, and actually grew to dislike it, despite Sinbad being my favorite character. I loved the fallen hero theme Ohtaka was going for, but reading him as a perfect hero was much less interesting. Also the cameos felt really unnatural, I remember cringing when young Alibaba just so happened to run past him one time. And don't get me started on Drakon getting cucked.

Back to Neverland though: Demon-child theory...shit I can't deny it. I've actually had a theory that the demons are actually former humans that are converted after being harvested. I don't have much reason for that theory, just that this story seems pretty grounded, and so the fantasy elements feel a bit mispaced. I think it's more likely that the demons are born from science, rather than being from the Underworld or something crazy. I could definitely be wrong...but I'm trying to think of what Norman was reacting to in his last (or most recent) panel. Am I crazy for thinking he might return somehow?  

I know what you mean about the Sinbad spinoff. One of the main things that has bothered me, especially recently, is that the main story and this keep spoiling each other. And Drakon... yeah that was flatly bad.

On Neverland: What you said makes a lot of sense. I was initially thinking that this phenomenon was magic, but you see all these tubes on them and such. The scientists defintely play a significant role, I just don't at what scale. I think Norman is going to become one. Just like the girls work to become "Mama's" I think the elect boys to become "scientists". Why decision, I don't know. That is only my guess.

Super_Boom said:

Also, I read the Hungry Marie update tonight. Man this manga is hilarious. Guess that title is pretty fitting.

The name sounds so familiar. I know I heard it recently. Has the author done anything in the past?

Dravenet7 said:

I know what you mean about the Sinbad spinoff. One of the main things that has bothered me, especially recently, is that the main story and this keep spoiling each other. And Drakon... yeah that was flatly bad.

On Neverland: What you said makes a lot of sense. I was initially thinking that this phenomenon was magic, but you see all these tubes on them and such. The scientists defintely play a significant role, I just don't at what scale. I think Norman is going to become one. Just like the girls work to become "Mama's" I think the elect boys to become "scientists". Why decision, I don't know. That is only my guess.

The name sounds so familiar. I know I heard it recently. Has the author done anything in the past?

They introduced at least one scientist, so that makes a lot of sense. I do think the boys have something similar they're granted if they perform well enough, similar to the mamas. So far my theory is that they get turned into the demons, but this is much less depressing. I'll probably go cry in the shower if Emma has to confront a Norman monster.  

The author drew Beezlebub in the past, though I never read that one. I have to get around to it, it looks really funny.

This manga is a rom-com, featuring an MC that shares his body with a French princess, while hiding his crush on his next door neighboor. The main duo are pretty likable, and the princess is funny. Only 7 chapters out so far, but I like it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

They introduced at least one scientist, so that makes a lot of sense. I do think the boys have something similar they're granted if they perform well enough, similar to the mamas. So far my theory is that they get turned into the demons, but this is much less depressing. I'll probably go cry in the shower if Emma has to confront a Norman monster.  

The author drew Beezlebub in the past, though I never read that one. I have to get around to it, it looks really funny.

This manga is a rom-com, featuring an MC that shares his body with a French princess, while hiding his crush on his next door neighboor. The main duo are pretty likable, and the princess is funny. Only 7 chapters out so far, but I like it.

Aww man I loved that manga. Especially towards the beginning. I'll defintely have to start reading that now.

HandofPrometheus said:

Never knew we had this thread that's cool. Currently I'm binging Beserk and god its good. Always was skeptical about this series but it's so good. Funny thing is I read Claymore before Beserk and I can really see why I love Beserk soon as I read it.

Oh, wait, what?  A Berserk update?  It's been six months, I don't even know what's happening.  

Berserk is simply one of the best and most unique manga out there.  It's more like a novel in visual form.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
HandofPrometheus said:

Oh, wait, what?  A Berserk update?  It's been six months, I don't even know what's happening.  

Berserk is simply one of the best and most unique manga out there.  It's more like a novel in visual form.

Yes, although it does get pretty graphic at time, so maybe more of a novel in graphic form. A 'graphic novel' if you will.

:P

Some Updates

One Piece: FINALLY HAPPENING

Wow...I was discussing this with someone last week to guess how Sanji would react, and if he would either succumb to his lust, or stand against Pudding. Turns out he picked 3rd option, and made her hesitate with his chivalary instead. This is pretty great...Oda found a way to keep Sanji true to himself without looking pathetic. Well done

Curious what this Shadow Clone thing is. Is one of their powers the ability to disguise people? I can't keep track of all these new characters.

Gosh I can't wait to see what happens next, and when this plan finally goes off the rails. Hype!

Also Dogtooth has Nighteye's power.   

Shokugeki no Souma: Finally Judging Time

Lots of food info...*sizzles*

I wonder if WGO will be more prominent after this arc. I get a weird vibe from them....I don't think they're gonna be one-off characters. 

Can't wait for next chapter...and see Miss Arrogant Prissypants get knocked down a peg. Or five.  

My Hero Academia: Finally Plan

Kirishima was cool, he made a great debut. I wonder what will happen to the other Big 3 guy whose name I don't know. Will the nullfication power wear off after a while? I'm guessing Aizawa is there because he knows something about it. Curious. Hyped about the upcoming Yakuza fight, if that's what's happening. I imagine the heroes will be shocked to see Shigaraki if that happens.

I liked how the four kept commenting on how coincidental it was they kept going together. 

Also Nighteye has Dogtooth's power.  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I've been slow on my manga reading, mostly picking up on current updates. I did start up reading Hungry Marie as well, since it seems interesting, though I dunno if this manga can go long term considering its set up...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I want to get back into Saki.  I love Saki but there are SO MANY CHARACTERS.  I peek back in to see if I can find where I left off but I'm all like, "who is that?  And that?  And that loli, what is she doing with the mahjong pieces?"

Saki is such a bad-ass, though.  She's like a kitten one minute then tiger the next.  A really adorable tiger.

By the way, spellcheck wants to replace mahjong with McMahon.

Great chapters so far this week.

One Piece - Felt way faster paced than usual for some reason, but it is also one of my favorite chapters in a long time. That entire scenario with Sanji just being smooth. And that instant he dogged Dogtooth and just gave that glare. It just feels like Sanji is finally back. Jinbei trying to wake up Luffy was hilarious. Luffy's entrance... that confused me for almost half the day. I only just understood how that worked. Favorite chapter this week hands down.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa - This was a pretty low energy chapter; which was good. I feel like we need more comedy back in the series, but I really like how bold the manga has been since they got together. Even this chapter had some backstory feel that may be brought up seriously at some point. Or perhaps not. Nonetheless, I am very happy with the pace of things.

Boku No Hero Academia - Highlight was Fat Gum for me. It feels that all the students are becoming really strong really fast, but that one seen where he captures the blade guy gives you a reminder that this show isn't really about power scaling, and they are a long way from becoming full fledged heroes. I also kind of feel it represents a burden for the heroes who are try to save everyone. In this case, Kirishima tried to even save that guy from his lifestyle. Even last chapter. Yet, this situation gives an example of the responsibility that heroes can't have just go by their own desires. Honestly, I would have been like Kirishima in that situation, so this REALLY stung. That all being said, I don't think the message is to simply not be naive. I think its going to call for a great judge of character. Something that Deku has always been somewhat good at and is really developing recently. I hope the quirk cancel drug's effect is momentary. I really wanted to see more of Suneater. Also I'm very glad that Uraraka and Tsuyu are going to be bigger players this arc. 

Hungry Marie - I finally got around to reading the first chapter... Lol this is too much. I don't want to say too much, even in the spoiler tag, but man do I love this mangaka. Don't ever change. That all said, very unique. Very fun chapter. The lightning strike love confession threw me for a loop. I haven't outright laughed uncontrollably over a chapter like that since Gintama. Great first chapter. I want to take a slow pace reading this, but I'm probably lying to myself and will read the the rest of the chapters once I start again.