By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Pokken Tournament League

So I have been training with Braixen, Gardevoir and Sceptile for a while and wow I have found some very interesting combos on dual phase for Gardevoir and a mix-up that beats every option (grab, counter attack, blocking) for Sceptile, Braixen feels very limited to projectiles unfortunately.

All characters feel great in field phase but Braixen is the best due to her mobility and great projectiles.

Around the Network

I want the guy who posted a video of his 6 months old baby defeating the SFV easy mode to make him play Green League in Pokkén ...

Luke888 said:
I want the guy who posted a video of his 6 months old baby defeating the SFV easy mode to make him play Green League in Pokkén ...

Baby would get rekt tho, green league is too OP

Mike321 said:
Luke888 said:

Baby would get rekt tho, green league is too OP

I saw a few gameplays and it doesn't seem challenging at all, one of the youtubers I'm subscribed to during the first 5 matches in Green League stopped various times to talk and the opponend didn't even attack, the first attack was seen in the 4th match...

Oh, also, reviewers say Gardevoir is one of the worst characters alongside Suicune so you might want to switch her with your 4th pick 

Luke888 said:

I saw a few gameplays and it doesn't seem challenging at all, one of the youtubers I'm subscribed to during the first 5 matches in Green League stopped various times to talk and the opponend didn't even attack, the first attack was seen in the 4th match...

Oh, also, reviewers say Gardevoir is one of the worst characters alongside Suicune so you might want to switch her with your 4th pick 

Haha I know I was just kidding, CPU in green league does absolutely nothing it's ridiculous.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:

So I have been training with Braixen, Gardevoir and Sceptile for a while and wow I have found some very interesting combos on dual phase for Gardevoir and a mix-up that beats every option (grab, counter attack, blocking) for Sceptile, Braixen feels very limited to projectiles unfortunately.

All characters feel great in field phase but Braixen is the best due to her mobility and great projectiles.

I really hate Braixen lol. My fights with Braixens are boring as fuck. There are some people who just stay behind and throw the same projectiles to me as crazy. It's really hard to kick its ass to that witch (literally) :P

Volterra_90 said:

I really hate Braixen lol. My fights with Braixens are boring as fuck. There are some people who just stay behind and throw the same projectiles to me as crazy. It's really hard to kick its ass to that witch (literally) :P

Unfortunately that's how most Braixens are going to play, I legit tried to find some combos or mix-ups in dual phase but she has nothing great and honestly the best thing to do is throw projectiles.

Mike321 said:

Unfortunately that's how most Braixens are going to play, I legit tried to find some combos or mix-ups in dual phase but she has nothing great and honestly the best thing to do is throw projectiles.

Yeah, I tried Braixen too and don't find any more effective than that, so I can really understand why people are using Braixen like that. It's just that if you're against Braixen it gets boring very fast. But it's also a challenge, so I think that kinda make up for the boredom XDDD. Same with Gardevoir. Luckily with Pikachu Libre I can teleport through that projectiles, so that's something.

Braixen (and Chandelure n Suicune while we're at it) remind me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, good range game, but can get smashed hard in close combat. Honestly I don't even use her weak attacks, I tried to find uses for them but most are just pure jank. Still I like her because the change of pace. I'm usually not a cowardly camper in Smash, usually! :L

Imo both Pikachus are the most troublesome characters to face so far. They're somehow able to attack through counters frequently and have both a great range and close combat game, and their synergy gauge fills uber fast. Plus they have a small hitbox and their attacks have them jumping around so wiffs can happen.

I have a lot of problems with Gengar. I mean, I don't know how it's supposed to work, and it does all types of... weird attacks that I don't really know how to react.