By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rime in trouble? No longer being published by Sony.

From their twitter

"Tequila Works has chosen to reacquire the rights to its adventure game, RiME, and is working hard to realise its aspirations for it."

This Neogaf post suggests the game's development has been a mess and the trailers we've seen haven't been much more then then scripted cutscenes:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=198478087

We haven't seen from it in a while so this is a tad worrying. Hopefully they just wanted more freedom with the IP or a potential multiplat release (maybe they got NX dev kits and loved it), as opposed to some sort of developement hell (which unfortunately seems most likely).

Source:

Around the Network

You need to add this to the op. TW are lucky Sony gave them the IP back. I'd be seriously pissed of this post is real and I'm leaning towards it being the truth.

Really disappointing

What is happening with this game? I mean the IGN article I just read has a 2014 trailer on it, been 2 years since then and that trailer made it look nearly finished.

Hmm, pie.

It did its job as a marketing tool at last E3, that´s all they cared. Kind of unprofessional and also slightly shady to present such a thing as a 2nd party game on your own E3 presentation, just to fool people into thinking your own lineup is actually bigger than it is.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
You need to add this to the op. TW are lucky Sony gave them the IP back. I'd be seriously pissed of this post is real and I'm leaning towards it being the truth.

Cheers! Added :)

The Fury said:
What is happening with this game? I mean the IGN article I just read has a 2014 trailer on it, been 2 years since then and that trailer made it look nearly finished.

Read the gaf post. 

The jist of it is:

MS dropped the pitch.

The money which was requested for staff didn't entirely end up with staff with much of it being kept by TW owners. 

Trailer at Gamescom was fake. It was made to look like gameplay. 

Game was pitched as tower defence MOBA but then they tried to rework it to what gamers thought it was / wanted I.e. Ico style adventure game. 

Sony execs have been in and out of TW offices for months as the game was not delivering. Play testers said it was boring. 

Staff who have left TW have bad things to say about leadership there. 

Chairman of the company and Raul (husband and wife) allegedly know very little if anything about gaming and their bad leadership is the reason behind project being a mess. 

Given all the above, Sony pulled out a month ago. Took Dev kits back and stopped funding them. 

Viktor said:
It did its job as a marketing tool at last E3, that´s all they cared. Kind of unprofessional and also slightly shady to present such a thing as a 2nd party game on your own E3 presentation, just to fool people into thinking your own lineup is actually bigger than it is.

It's not shady. From the looks of things, gamers were conned by the devs and Sony ended out of pocket. 

The Fury said:

Rumour has it that there was never a game to begin with. It was all just CGI and no game; and they couldn't build the game that resembled their original trailer. If that's the case, I understand why Sony dropped this. 

Viktor said:

You're right. They were so worried about their software lineup, that they inflated the numbers with this one title.