By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rime in trouble? No longer being published by Sony.

Viktor said:
It did its job as a marketing tool at last E3, that´s all they cared. Kind of unprofessional and also slightly shady to present such a thing as a 2nd party game on your own E3 presentation, just to fool people into thinking your own lineup is actually bigger than it is.

Facts... Don´t let them get in your way.

OT: Well it sucks that the game seemingly is in deep trouble but if any of the rumors are true then it was only a matter of time until it gets dropped. Now I really wonder what TW plans to do from here on out.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Around the Network
Viktor said:
It did its job as a marketing tool at last E3, that´s all they cared. Kind of unprofessional and also slightly shady to present such a thing as a 2nd party game on your own E3 presentation, just to fool people into thinking your own lineup is actually bigger than it is.

Didnt take long before someone twist this news against Sony...smh.

The Fury said:
What is happening with this game? I mean the IGN article I just read has a 2014 trailer on it, been 2 years since then and that trailer made it look nearly finished.

"First of all, I was told that the reveal trailer was all cinematic. It was faked to mimic gameplay, assets, etc. from a real game but 0% of the game was implemented." - lherre @neogaf.

They cheated everyone.

Pretty ugly stuff, especially if the Neogaf posts are true (reading the Neogaf thread since the announcement, it's really disturbing).

The only sure thing is that they can't just decide one day to buy the IP back without Sony's agreement, and it's pretty much impossible that Sony would let them do that if the development is progressing well. So their official statement is false to begin with...

And we're talking about Sony, the company founding The Last Guardian and which also founded games like Until Dawn. They won't ditch a project without really good reasons. 

Faelco said:
Pretty ugly stuff, especially if the Neogaf posts are true (reading the Neogaf thread since the announcement, it's really disturbing).

The only sure thing is that they can't just decide one day to buy the IP back without Sony's agreement, and it's pretty much impossible that Sony would let them do that if the development is progressing well. So their official statement is false to begin with...

Not necessarily, if you look at the tweet as PR and how exactly it's worded, all they said was they chose one option. It sounded like Sony gave them some sort of ultimatum

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

Read the gaf post. 

An interesting read, thanks.

And a shame I guess. Oh well.

Hmm, pie.

The writing was on the wall. A small studio whose only product is a mediocre digital game was supposed to make the next ICO? A shame though, the aesthetics looked nice, but nothing that can't be replicated by other, better developers who CAN deliver. I bet colorful, cel shaded graphics will be the next big thing with indies, seeing The Witness, No Mans Sky etc.

twintail said:
Yeah seems they just have been incompetent... Too bad

this is a huge problem with a lot of Indie devolopers in general 

Octane said:
The Fury said:
What is happening with this game? I mean the IGN article I just read has a 2014 trailer on it, been 2 years since then and that trailer made it look nearly finished.

Rumour has it that there was never a game to begin with. It was all just CGI and no game; and they couldn't build the game that resembled their original trailer. If that's the case, I understand why Sony dropped this. 

"Funding" a project without any proof of concept in form of gameplay in the first place is ridiculous to say the least, they must have known that it was just a CGI trailer but used it anyway. Marketing tool for last years E3 at it´s most dishonest form in my opinion.

aLkaLiNE said:
Viktor said:

You're right. They were so worried about their software lineup, that they inflated the numbers with this one title.

They fooled everyone with a CGI trailer at their own E3 conference. Obviously they felt the need to present it as a Sony published exclusive at last years E3. They had the option not to present a CGI-trailer and to wait for actual gameplay footage you know.