By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The best-selling game of all time is...

V-r0cK said:
GamechaserBE said:

Then it probably ends up being minecraft must be around 85-100 million sales, interesting fact, I never saw the game on sale on consoles yet.

VGChartz has current and last gen console sales at a total of around 21M.  I'm really curious to know how many sold on PC/mobile/tablets.  Aren't there free versions as well? If so, not sure if those count.

They reported in october 2014 60 million sales. In July 2015 it surpassed 70 million sales. 

here is a live counter of the sales on pc https://minecraft.net and it is close to 23 million on pc (not sure if it includes W10 version but I don't think so considering when the W10 version released I saw not a big increase in that counter).  At the start around the alpha it was free for a weekend but we are talking about 10.000 people who downloaded it then.  So much has happened since that 70 million number, the vita/console version keep on selling and looking to vgchartz the sales are weekly close to 40-50K retail only and I remember that when they reported the MC sales for the Xbox 360 version less than 50% was sold phyiscal. The Wii U version has been released, the smarthphone version got a huge update/1.9 combat update has been released on pc and the counter for pc was at 20 million in july 15 and now close to 23 million...85 million must be possible I expect an announcement later this year at minecon.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
V-r0cK said:

VGChartz has current and last gen console sales at a total of around 21M.  I'm really curious to know how many sold on PC/mobile/tablets.  Aren't there free versions as well? If so, not sure if those count.

They reported in october 2014 60 million sales. In July 2015 it surpassed 70 million sales. 

here is a live counter of the sales on pc https://minecraft.net and it is close to 23 million on pc (not sure if it includes W10 version but I don't think so considering when the W10 version released I saw not a big increase in that counter).  At the start around the alpha it was free for a weekend but we are talking about 10.000 people who downloaded it then.  So much has happened since that 70 million number, the vita/console version keep on selling and looking to vgchartz the sales are weekly close to 40-50K retail only and I remember that when they reported the MC sales for the Xbox 360 version less than 50% was sold phyiscal. The Wii U version has been released, the smarthphone version got a huge update/1.9 combat update has been released on pc and the counter for pc was at 20 million in july 15 and now close to 23 million...85 million must be possible I expect an announcement later this year at minecon.

Pretty cool stuff thanks for sharing!

Yes, Solitaire is the king of sales !

Wright said:

What about...?!

This game right here is the GOAT!!!!!!!!

Wright said:

What about...?!

Whether it sold most or not this game is the peoples champion. 

Around the Network

Best game at that too!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

BraLoD said:

Considering all platforms, Tetris is.

Russian game :D

Nope its minesweeper :^)

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

kooltrex said:

No, Minesweeper was only automatically installed on Windows 3.1 - Windows 7.

Solitaire was automatically installed on Windows 3.0 - Windows 7.

Conina said:
kooltrex said:

No, Minesweeper was only automatically installed on Windows 3.1 - Windows 7.

Solitaire was automatically installed on Windows 3.0 - Windows 7.

Noice

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q