By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Luigi's Mansion 3 for NX (looks like a digital movie)!!!

Express yo'self!

Fake, Fake, FAKE! 90 32.37%

Hmm, not sure... 79 28.42%

I think I believe it? 47 16.91%

YES! 15 5.40%

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! 47 16.91%

Total:278

I wouldn't mind a new Luigi's Mansion, I loved the first one on Gamecube a lot.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Dulfite said:

My favorite console of all time launched (if memory serves me correct) with Luigi's Mansion. Gamecube baby!

I was in no way saying that Luigi's Mansion was a bad game.

But what is clear from the GameCube performance is that it's not a system seller, which is what Nintendo needs, a game that makes everyone want a NX.

Several games is what makes peopla wan't a console.

This sound great, I hope its true.
Next Level finished Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at beginning of 2013. so they definitely have some other project they working on except Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Lawlight said:
A previous rumour says that the NX will render only at 900p.

No it didn't.

Thunderbird77 said:
JEMC said:

I was in no way saying that Luigi's Mansion was a bad game.

But what is clear from the GameCube performance is that it's not a system seller, which is what Nintendo needs, a game that makes everyone want a NX.

Several games is what makes peopla wan't a console.

Indeed.

But there's a certain game that ultimately makes you buy the console in that moment, like Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart or Smash Bros do on Nintendo consoles. And Luigi's Mansion is not on that list.

Also there's also the kind of gamer that claims things like "I'll get X console when X game launches" or "If X console gets X game at launch, I'll get it day 1" and other similar things.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

As I said to Dulfite, I'm not saying that Luigi's Mansion is a bad game or that it sells bad, it's just that it's one of those games that you buy because you already have the system, but you don't get the system just because of that game(s).

Any evidence of this? I'm pretty sure 3DS sales did go up upon it's release, but I'd have to go back and check. Regardless, I think any game can help sell systems, maybe not by itself, but combined with many other games of different varietys it'll make the whole library that much more appealing..

King Boo has haunted Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64, and Luigi has to clean the building (both through his poltergust 9000 and good old platforming) from the ghosts and spectres of the defeated koopas and goombas Mario killed during Super Mario 64. Also, oportunity to make the piano an epic boss battle.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Thunderbird77 said:
Lawlight said:
A previous rumour says that the NX will render only at 900p.

wasn't a rumour as it was a survey.

Survey by whom?

Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:

As I said to Dulfite, I'm not saying that Luigi's Mansion is a bad game or that it sells bad, it's just that it's one of those games that you buy because you already have the system, but you don't get the system just because of that game(s).

1-Any evidence of this? I'm pretty sure 3DS sales did go up upon it's release, but I'd have to go back and check. 2-Regardless, I think any game can help sell systems, maybe not by itself, but combined with many other games of different varietys it'll make the whole library that much more appealing..

1-Other than the lackluster launch of GameCube... no, no evidence. Dark Moon launched in March 2013, 20th, 24th and 28th, 3DS sales went up by 5% the week ending the 23rd, and a 28% the next one, only to fall 18% the following week. 

So ok, Luigi's Mansion had a short but noticeable effect on 3DS sales. If that's the kind of performance we want for a game to be a launch title, that's debatable (personally, I'm not satisfied).

2-You only get that many months after launch , and I already agreed on another response.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

lonerism said:
Enough with the bs Nintendo, just make Mario Sunshine 2 HD already

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m