By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Luigi's Mansion 3 for NX (looks like a digital movie)!!!

Express yo'self!

Fake, Fake, FAKE! 90 32.37%

Hmm, not sure... 79 28.42%

I think I believe it? 47 16.91%

YES! 15 5.40%

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! 47 16.91%

Total:278

From: http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/15/rumour-luigis-mansion-3-coming-to-nintendo-nx/

Some stuff came before this quote, go to the link to read it.

***What do we think about this people?

“Luigi’s Mansion 3 is planned to be Nintendo’s impressive visual launch title. The goal I’ve been told, was when the team at Next Level and EAD Tokyo 2 saw the American commercial for Luigi’s Mansion 2 (aka Dark Moon) their goal was to create something that visually stunning for NX and according to sources they have come “damn close to it” with one saying “it’s going to cause arguments on the internet whether it’s a bullsh*t or not despite us developers knowing you can achieve something like on the current hardware specs”. The game uses a lot of advance lighting techniques to create this “living 3d cartoon movie” look with insanely detailed shadows and transparencies. It also shows off the haptic analog sticks, which will resist when trying to capture ghosts. An AR multiplayer mode is also planned to be in the final version of the game.”

Around the Network

Enough with the bs Nintendo, just make Mario Sunshine 2 HD already

lonerism said:
Enough with the bs Nintendo, just make Mario Sunshine 2 HD already

I would really like that, I think, but I have to say that Sunshine is the 3d mario game I played the least and know the least about. But I really loved the water parts of that game and that water pack he has.

A previous rumour says that the NX will render only at 900p.

That would be awesome :)

Around the Network

On one hand, Luigi Mansion is the kind of game (with closed and not so big environments) where something like this would be possible without investing insame amounts of money. And it would also be a good game for AR, with ghosts comings from the walls, couch or even the TV.

On the other hand it's just another rumor with no ground, and Pikmin would also be a good game for that kind of graphics showcase (and we know that Pikmin 4 is in development).

In the end, what I don't like about this rumor and makes me believe it's fake, is that Nintendo needs something bigger than Luigi Mansion or Pikmin during the launch of NX.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This seems really conflicting with Geno's last batch of so called "leaks". He does mention the haptic feed back again. But he's now making it sound like the NX hardware is powerful, something like that likely won't be achieved on specs closer to Xbox One, as he last claimed. 900p could be used with high specs to juice a little more into the polycount and frame rate but..... yeah. So NintenDO what Sony and Microsoft don't? Ugh... this hardware spec stuff is so back and forth. On one hand it's "super powerful" and on the other it's just "average with the current consoles". Where's the consistency? I'd be damn surprised if it's the handheld that's the power of the Xbox One.... then again... AMD's APU chips sets have taken a leap since the PS4 and XBO came out.

Lawlight said:

IIRC that was confirmed to be nonsense as the resolution is determined by the developer and not the device. Also, that was off a survey done by people that have no knowledge of NX. 

Sounds great! I hope it's true, we need more Green Mario games

Lawlight said:

wasn't a rumour as it was a survey.