By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the thread that you are the most proud of starting?

spurgeonryan said:
Will Mario Kart Wii U break a million?

Good choice.

Around the Network

I guess converting the playtimes into a seasonal thing (in my sig)

My Music Recommendation Thread was a good in theory, but didn't really work out as I had intended :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The what do you do besides gaming thread.

Perhaps I should make another one. It as fun to see what people answered.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm lazy so I just pick the 1st interesting one I could find.

8th Gen Home Console sales will be closer to 5th than 6th

"Justification for my prediction: The Home console  market will easily miss 6th generation totals. How do I know? Well for starters the PS4 and Xbox One will have to sell about 80 million each to reach the 160 million sold PS2's. The PS3 and Xbox 360 was only BARELY able to make that  with about a total of a little over 160 million (164? right now I think) for the HD twins.  The gen 6 number does not include GC or Xbox numbers. That would bring the total to 200 million.  Granted the PS2 sold for a long time after the intial generation ended. The HD twins will probably end up with about 175 million together. Here is why this is important"

Edit: Here is another one from awhile ago

Gaming Marketshare 2001-2010

Double Edit: Yes I have more!

200 things you learn from nintendo games

"1. you can jump on things and kill them without leaving a corpse

2. You can carry many items on you and it won't affect how you travel
3.  Animals know how to drive planes
4. monkies can bat with a baseball glove
5. you can wak on lava and not get burned if you have a certin shirt
6. You will never die as long as you have some mushrooms and fairies!
7. Nintendo teached me how to do a barrel roll!
8. Flapping your arms really fast will make you float for a couple of seconds.
9. all dinosaurs come from the same size egg as they were born
10. You will alwas come back even after you die"

DS vs 3DS Sales Aligned Launches 1st year edition

"With recent report of 3DS sales and Price cut I decided to see if the system was really doing bad compared to the DS. The DS had a rough start compared to the GBA and people use this as a reason why 3DS sales are low. So let's see how they compare. As of right now "

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Platina said:
I guess converting the playtimes into a seasonal thing (in my sig)

My Music Recommendation Thread was a good in theory, but didn't really work out as I had intended :/

Ohh that's a great thread idea.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

I'm lazy so I just pick the 1st interesting one I could find.

8th Gen Home Console sales will be closer to 5th than 6th

"Justification for my prediction: The Home console  market will easily miss 6th generation totals. How do I know? Well for starters the PS4 and Xbox One will have to sell about 80 million each to reach the 160 million sold PS2's. The PS3 and Xbox 360 was only BARELY able to make that  with about a total of a little over 160 million (164? right now I think) for the HD twins.  The gen 6 number does not include GC or Xbox numbers. That would bring the total to 200 million.  Granted the PS2 sold for a long time after the intial generation ended. The HD twins will probably end up with about 175 million together. Here is why this is important"

Edit: Here is another one from awhile ago

Gaming Marketshare 2001-2010

Double Edit: Yes I have more!

200 things you learn from nintendo games

"1. you can jump on things and kill them without leaving a corpse

2. You can carry many items on you and it won't affect how you travel
3.  Animals know how to drive planes
4. monkies can bat with a baseball glove
5. you can wak on lava and not get burned if you have a certin shirt
6. You will never die as long as you have some mushrooms and fairies!
7. Nintendo teached me how to do a barrel roll!
8. Flapping your arms really fast will make you float for a couple of seconds.
9. all dinosaurs come from the same size egg as they were born
10. You will alwas come back even after you die"

DS vs 3DS Sales Aligned Launches 1st year edition

"With recent report of 3DS sales and Price cut I decided to see if the system was really doing bad compared to the DS. The DS had a rough start compared to the GBA and people use this as a reason why 3DS sales are low. So let's see how they compare. As of right now "

I think you're right with that first thread.

RolStoppable said:
This one: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150636

Over 250 replies within the first nine hours. It truly was a subject that needed to be talked about. It had a build-up similar to Splatoon, but the result was on the other end of the spectrum.

I'm impressed.

Why can't console fans accept PS4 is the most powerful console?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178235&page=1

Man, brings back the memories.

Top Videogame Villains game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178235&page=1

Kinda cringe-worthy, but the biggest thread I've made.

I suppose my XCOM 2 and Planet Coaster threads, but those two despite me updating one of them are still more or less dead so the pride tends to wear off.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Gaming-related, I can't really think of any shinning example, though there are some that stand-out more than others:

· The VGChartz Plays! thread, on which I tried encouraging playing all together a certain game and having fun. It failed, partially because I'm lazy as heck and irresponsable enough to command something like this, but it did bring me joy while it lasted, and I hope it did for some people as well.

· Mario Kart 8 being the worst-selling entry prediction. I was dead wrong, but still an enjoyable thread to read nonetheless.

· What is an indie, on which I wanted a collective examination of what constitutes having the appelative of "indie". As my personal opinion, indie is a game done by an independent company; it doesn't matter how much money the project has, nor the graphics nor whatever you might want to add or lump into the same category.

· Have you ever beaten games you didn't enjoy question thread, on which I tried exploring the philosophy behind doing something you don't like for the sake of completing it.

· Journey (the game) becomes profitable thread. There's an user which was apparently a developer behind Journey posting on that thread. Whether that's right or not, I was just glad a thread of mine was wortwhile enough to have a developero (of such game) posting in it.

· Games with crappy textures. It's not about listing games with bad textures, but rather, trying to decipher why sometimes less quality is more appealing.

Non-gaming related I have three main standout threads:

· The Trap Thread. Venture forth, if you dare. First posts are hilarious. Then it gets serious, so you're warned.

· What is your stance on zoophilia. I managed to have a calm, interesting debate about this subject with the community.

· Would you date a transsexual?. Another interesting subject to talk about, and people gave some engaging insight.