By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the thread that you are the most proud of starting?

Wright said:

Gaming-related, I can't really think of any shinning example, though there are some that stand-out more than others:

· The VGChartz Plays! thread, on which I tried encouraging playing all together a certain game and having fun. It failed, partially because I'm lazy as heck and irresponsable enough to command something like this, but it did bring me joy while it lasted, and I hope it did for some people as well.

· Mario Kart 8 being the worst-selling entry prediction. I was dead wrong, but still an enjoyable thread to read nonetheless.

· What is an indie, on which I wanted a collective examination of what constitutes having the appelative of "indie". As my personal opinion, indie is a game done by an independent company; it doesn't matter how much money the project has, nor the graphics nor whatever you might want to add or lump into the same category.

· Have you ever beaten games you didn't enjoy question thread, on which I tried exploring the philosophy behind doing something you don't like for the sake of completing it.

· Journey (the game) becomes profitable thread. There's an user which was apparently a developer behind Journey posting on that thread. Whether that's right or not, I was just glad a thread of mine was wortwhile enough to have a developero (of such game) posting in it.

· Games with crappy textures. It's not about listing games with bad textures, but rather, trying to decipher why sometimes less quality is more appealing.

Non-gaming related I have three main standout threads:

· The Trap Thread. Venture forth, if you dare. First posts are hilarious. Then it gets serious, so you're warned.

· What is your stance on zoophilia. I managed to have a calm, interesting debate about this subject with the community.

· Would you date a transsexual?. Another interesting subject to talk about, and people gave some engaging insight.

Oh, lots of quality threads for me to read!

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Oh, lots of quality threads for me to read!

I wouldn't call most of them "quality", particulary because the point I tried making across never connected due to my poor writing skills back then, but I do hope they're enjoyable to revisit! I would advise staying away of the Trap Thread if you don't dig that, though.

spemanig said:
Platina said:
I guess converting the playtimes into a seasonal thing (in my sig)

My Music Recommendation Thread was a good in theory, but didn't really work out as I had intended :/

Ohh that's a great thread idea.

Shame it didn't work out in the end but I learned quite a bit from that endeavour :p

I liked your What's Next for VGC thread! Had a lot of good ideas along with the announcement thread

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

Shame it didn't work out in the end but I learned quite a bit from that endeavour :p

I liked your What's Next for VGC thread! Had a lot of good ideas along with the announcement thread

Thanks I have a ton of other ideas for the site too because I think it has the potential to be a titan lol but I want to wait first before spilling them.

I don't think I've ever felt "proud" about a virtual communication because it doesn't define me. My worth is not on a video game message board. I've done things in the real world that I am proud of but I don't put any stock into this stuff.

Around the Network

Ahaha, I remember the "My first Shin Megami Tensei game - Tips for a beginner?" thread. It was a nice thread which I enjoyed commenting in as well. It was such a nice read as well. So nice to see other people chiming in to give tips to help you out.

And I did a one panel comic for your mobile thread, which I am still embarrassed about... >_<

Anyways, my personal favorite threads:

"Your Favorite Games from Your Favorite Franchises"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197441&page=1 

...though this one is a little outdated. One game in particular needs to be changed.

"Special Themed Consoles: Got Any?"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198365&page=1

I felt this one really brought people in in the most positive of ways. I got to talk to a lot of people and see a lot of cool SE consoles xD

I also have my October long Creepy House series, but those make up a lot of threads, so I won't be posting those. Maybe just one...

"Creepy House of Horrors: The Little Creeper's Room"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208823&page=1

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

AlfredoTurkey said:

I don't think I've ever felt "proud" about a virtual communication because it doesn't define me. My worth is not on a video game message board. I've done things in the real world that I am proud of but I don't put any stock into this stuff.

It doesn't have to define you for you to be happy that you did it. Your thinking too much into this.