By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tomb Raider movie reboot: An origin story inspired by the 2013 game

Ariel Winter would be my choice.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Well, if it's an origin story that explains why Daisy Ridley is rumored to be the top pick for the role of Lara, she's the right age for an origin story, has the right personality for Lara, has action movie training already, and thanks to her newfound popularity from Star Wars she can pull people into theater seats to see her in Tomb Raider. She's kind of lacking in the chest region to be playing Lara, but that's nothing that some bra inserts and clever CGI can't fix, lol. 

So she

is going to do all this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnbk5SkldXg

Sure, why not make it even less believable. Suspension of disbelief is overrated :)

When I see that footage I think something like this would be more approriate

Not making it more human haha.

shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:

So are you saying she's not right for the role because she's petite? I guess you didn't notice that the game reboot Lara was pretty petite too, very short compared to the male characters in the game. Or are you saying she's not a very believable action hero? If that's the case, I guess you didn't watch Star Wars because she did plenty of action sequences in it, all of them great imo. Pretty much the only thing that Daisy is lacking that game reboot Lara has is D-cup breasts, lol.

But regardless of what you or I think, if the rumors are true she is currently the producers' top pick for the role, so if she is chosen we'll just have to see how it turns out in the end.

I did notice in the game, which was all very unbelievable. Yet it's not the unbelievable part I have a problem with, it's the emo part and taking it all serious. I love a good slasher movie like Planet Terror and the Resident Evil movies have always been a guilty pleasure. But picking her to make her the vulnerable sad angry hero, not feeling it. The way they word it, it feels like hunger games all over again. Sad angry all the time, will kill you anyway, then feel bad about it and complain it isn't fair.

But here's hoping the movie takes a different direction and there's not hordes of bad guys to wade through and it becomes more of a survival while discovering type movie. At least he's familiar with the original games and loves raiders of the lost ark. So perhaps he'll steer clear of the near rape justification for psychopath behaviour :) Just take the origin idea from the reboot, leave everything else!

shikamaru317 said:

I feel like the game reboot only had the tons of killing because they didn't think people would play a game in this day and age if there wasn't lots of action in it. I doubt the movie will have tons of action like that, some for sure but nowhere near on the level of the game, I feel like it'll be more like Indiana Jones. 

Young Indiana Jones was a fun series, although that might be nostalgia. I should rewatch it some time.
Anyway I'm hoping you mean the real Indiana Jones movies :) Not that skull thing.

Actually after watching that tombraider footage I feel like watching the raid 2 again.
She would fit perfectly

No nonense, all action.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Actually after watching that tombraider footage I feel like watching the raid 2 again.
She would fit perfectly

No nonense, all action.

I loved the Raid movies! Watched both of them and Ip Man in the same night, then I broke a few fingers trying to be badass like them.

Good times

#1 Amb-ass-ador

SvennoJ said:
shikamaru317 said:

So are you saying she's not right for the role because she's petite? I guess you didn't notice that the game reboot Lara was pretty petite too, very short compared to the male characters in the game. Or are you saying she's not a very believable action hero? If that's the case, I guess you didn't watch Star Wars because she did plenty of action sequences in it, all of them great imo. Pretty much the only thing that Daisy is lacking that game reboot Lara has is D-cup breasts, lol.

But regardless of what you or I think, if the rumors are true she is currently the producers' top pick for the role, so if she is chosen we'll just have to see how it turns out in the end.

I did notice in the game, which was all very unbelievable. Yet it's not the unbelievable part I have a problem with, it's the emo part and taking it all serious. I love a good slasher movie like Planet Terror and the Resident Evil movies have always been a guilty pleasure. But picking her to make her the vulnerable sad angry hero, not feeling it. The way they word it, it feels like hunger games all over again. Sad angry all the time, will kill you anyway, then feel bad about it and complain it isn't fair.

But here's hoping the movie takes a different direction and there's not hordes of bad guys to wade through and it becomes more of a survival while discovering type movie. At least he's familiar with the original games and loves raiders of the lost ark. So perhaps he'll steer clear of the near rape justification for psychopath behaviour :) Just take the origin idea from the reboot, leave everything else!

As Nolan North said about the Uncharted games, notice how the people she kills don't have names! It only counts as murder if the victim is a named person.Otherwise it's just harmless gameplay action!

I suspect the movies won't have so much killing. Wildlife is probably fair game though... this is Tomb Raider afterall.