By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Well, VGC was completely off on software lol.

Around the Network

Looks like SFV sould not be that overtracked as i thought.

Far Cry, in others hands...

poklane said:

1. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4, Xbox One)
5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
6. Lego Marvel Avengers (360, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Vita)
7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
8. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/10/february-2016-npd/

As always, copies from bundles (such as the PS4 Black Ops 3 bundle and XB1 Fallout 4 bundle) are NOT included.

Fallout 4 Xb1 bundle is phased out. Prolly just some few a retail stores left
CoD III Ps4 bundle is the main bundle for the Ps4 now. should be a good shunk of the total Ps4 sales...

that Naruto placement :D

AEGRO said:
binary solo said:

They have a special cardboard box, with an ordinary black console inside. Which is 1TB and $399. And currently sitting at 1,600 in the Amazon video game hourly rankings. and has failed to appear in the top 100 for the Amazon monthly rankings.

Amazon is notoriously bad as a predictor of software sales. But it's interesting to see that Amazon has the PS4 version (both standard and gold) ahead of Xb one. Gotta think at this point that the only benefit MS is seeing from this marketing deal is that things would have been worse if there had been no marketing deal.

I cant recall a 3rd party bundle for the Xbox One that have moved needles on the Amazon charts. It seems that these deals always under perform.

because microsoft is choosing first party titles as main bundles.
CoD: AW and Fallout 4 bundle sold both 200k or more at launch, but they both were more expensive than other bundles and had way lower stock volumes...

Hardware sales were the biggest drag on sales. They were down 23 percent year-over-year from $378.2 million to $292.2 million. Not only did Nintendo not launch a revised 3DS, but Sony and Microsoft have both cut the price of their home consoles.

“The main cause of the decrease was portable hardware, which dropped by 58 percent, or $48 million, due to a difficult comparison to the launch of Nintendo’s new 3DS in February 2015,” said Callahan. “Console hardware sales suffered due to the dramatic drop off of 23 percent as both [current- and last-generation] consoles experienced declines.”

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii sales dropped by 77 percent. PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U, meanwhile, dropped by 6 percent.

Naruto shipudden > Street Fighter? Ok...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Naruto above Street Fighter, how odd.

Nice to see PS4 up again. I thought it may have peaked last year, and while I think that will be the case by the end of the year, it is a good start to the year.

Tagging...just late lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PS4 the only one up YoY? Honestly, its no surprise that Microsoft is changing its focus.

"the main cause of the decrease was portable hardware, which dropped by 58 percent, or $48 million
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii sales dropped by 77 percent.
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U, meanwhile, dropped by 6 percent."

all numbers are Revenue not unit sales!!!!!!!!

New Software this february vs last. (last year had zelda, evolve, and the order lol)
"new launches sold 4 percent less in dollars and 12 percent fewer units than those of February 2015"

SFV, why is not showing PC as well? Is it only available digitally for PC, so NPD can't track any of its sales?

So NPD has SFV>200K according to neogaf sources, and at #7 on the chart. VGC has SFV at 247K and #2 on the chart. The actual sales nujmbers will be reasonably close, but other things sold much better.

Fire Emblem quite over tracked it would seem.

GTAV, what a beast.

Glad to see Naruto charting decently. I certainly prefer that game over SFV.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix