By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Shadow1980 said:
Farsala said:

Just wanted to point out that this month almost had higher weekly numbers then Destiny month.

Destiny September: 538k/5 108k a week (300k was Destiny bundles)
Feb 2016 ~405k/4 ~101k a week

I forgot I had a chart for this:

Both of us should probably point out its PS4 only lol. Some might get confused.

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
tbone51 said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

lol, don't worry. I don't really care :P

But but that last post!!! Anywayz glad we got numbers this month. 

I remind thé time not so long ago when people still believe possible that X1 wins US this generation

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Farsala said:

Xb1 $500 with required Kinect 258k
Xb1 ~$350 without kinect 248k

#bringbackkinect

IMO thiw proves wrong all thé people who say that losing all thé exclusives doesnt matter.

It's crazy

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

the ps4 may be the king of sales but shadow is the king of graphs!

so much useful info.

the ps4 in its third february perfectly match the ps1 in its 3rd.
PS4/X1 are way ahead of ps3/360
ps4/x1 are very similar to ps2/xbox
ps4 is gaining momentum, x1 is losing it.

Around the Network

So someone should ask on gaf how much the SFV special edition sold so we can get all SFV numbers.

Farsala said:
So someone should ask on gaf how much the SFV special edition sold so we can get all SFV numbers.

The 200k number in the op includes both versions

ZhugeEX said:
Farsala said:

The 200k number in the op includes both versions

You sure? The "leaker" that was sourced didn't actually break it down or that bit wasn't posted here. 

Looking like signs of Microsoft's recent moves effecting sales of Xbox or sales are finally slipping due to focusing on the holidays too much. I've always been expecting them to phase out the hardware one way or another and so far all the news and sales trending downward quickly looks like some people will be right about Microsoft getting rid of Xbox in all but brand. PC base was on point years ago that windows 10 (well actually it came up with Windows 8, which failed) would mark a shift in Microsoft's gaming endevours. The Xbox division hasn't really a whole lot of use outside pushing for their hopes of a walled garden lately. I pray Gaben saves us from that.

Now onto SF... It's worth remembering that Capcom was never expecting SFV to sell as much as SFIV. It's not likely they will hit their estimate for SFV either but going by what we've seen so far its not "as bad" as many were expecting. Still bad though. Unfortunately it had launch problems but the real heavy hitter is the more casual players negative opinion due to the lack of single player content.

Despite the gameplay being pretty extraordinary, polished and likely one of the most fun SF games ever. You simply need the casuals to bite for any title to sell well. I hope it has strong legs, would be a shame if they decide to drop season 2+ and put the series on hiatus again.

But I thought consoles were dying :(