By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iran Told to Pay $10.5 Billion to Sept. 11 Kin

Hey, USA, you totally get nuts???

You've killed CIA agent Bin Laden for 11th of September. Invaded Afganistan. And after that want to rob Iran??? R U out of your mind???
I couldnt even imagine that American legal system is fucked up so much!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-10/iran-told-to-pay-10-5-billion-to-sept-11-kin-insurers

'U.S. District Judge George Daniels in New York issued a default judgment Wednesday against Iran for $7.5 billion to the estates and families of people who died at the World Trade Center and Pentagon. It includes $2 million to each estate for the victims’ pain and suffering plus $6.88 million in punitive damages.

Daniels also awarded $3 billion to insurers including Chubb Ltd. that paid property damage, business interruption and other claims.

Earlier in the case, Daniels found that Iran had failed to defend claims that it aided the Sept. 11 hijackers and was therefore liable for damages tied to the attacks.'

Around the Network

Wrong country USA, it's either Saudi Arabia or al-Qaeda that should be paying these damages. Even though for obvious reasons you’d be hard pressed to get either to pay a penny and al-Qaeda are probably a bit too hard up to pay 10 billion anyway.

Well does the US have any proof that Iran WAS involved?

KLXVER said:
Well does the US have any proof that Iran WAS involved?

Well, it seems presumption of innocence is not a legal principle in USA anymore. I knew it for some years, but this case is so obviusly dumb!!!

Can we build a wall around the entire US?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Failed to defend.... That's some classy justice system.
Burden of proof is just a burden, good thing they got rid of it. WTF.

So the "innocent until proven guilty" rule doesn't work anymore? Ridiculous.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wth...

This is stupid.

JEMC said:
So the "innocent until proven guilty" rule doesn't work anymore? Ridiculous.

what the hell.... How can a judge rule this way? american justic system...

Ka-pi96 said:

Hoping the Iranian president just comes out puts his middle finger up to America and says 'fuck off' in response to this.

The problem is that some HUGE sum of Iran money was arrested on western accounts as part of  'sanctions' (I've heard smth around 40 billion USD). Now Obama lift the sanctions after USA reach an agreement with Iran. But it seems they don't wan't this money to get out of their hands. So now this money will be arrested as a part of this 'juridical procedure'. 

Disgusting, to be honest, total lose of face for me.