By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Will DOPING be more prevalent in Women's Sports with the the entry of transgendered females?

This topic reminds me of that Top Secret scene:

View on YouTube

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:

Because shooting, darts and snooker are "traditionally male sports". But from footbal to sprinting, the real physical difference isn't that big.

Like I said, what are you talking about?

If you make a claim how the physical differences between male and female are non-existant then when and how does "traditionally male sports" come into play? Execution and results are the only thing that matters in this argument and if what you say is true then history should know of these succesful female athletes competing equally against men but it doesn't. And please tell me how football is not "traditionally male sport"?

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

I have to be honest, my biggest (and just about only) question about making room for transgender people to live as equals in society and openly being who they recognize themselves to be was, specifically, how to approach athletics. That's the only area I'm really uncertain of, as it seems supremely unfair to women if genetic men begin entering their sports.

As of right now, I'm against it. I fully respect that a person feels and believes themselves to be a gender other than what they were born as genetically speaking, but they were still born with a body that would grant them unreasonable advantages in sports over other women.

Of course, many of you are pointing out that women are perfectly capable of beating men, and that's absolutely true; Rhonda Rousey could kill me in 5 seconds if she wanted to. But at the pinnacle of athletics there has always been a gulf there, and I can't imagine that's going to change. Women have to work harder to pack on muscle that comes more naturally to men and still have trouble achieving the same body types. Men, meanwhile, have an advantage in blood chemistry that women would be disqualified for having as evidence of doping. In other ways, be it speed, strength, leaping etc, the best men have always topped the best women.

I'm just not sure there's any way to make the entrance of a transgender woman into athletics truly fair... if anything, she should compete with men and beat them; how inspiring would that be for other closeted transsexuals? Again, as I just typed that line I realized that'd almost be an admission of being something you're not, so that's probably a no-go... Like I said, this is something I'm pretty uncertain about.

do you assume they don't do this already?
they do this less than man?

not in the sports, where you can earn the same amount of money and prestige
doping in women soccer and cycling is probably not worth it on a risk vs reward point of view, but tennis, swimming, athelethics? sure!

Everyone's always gotta have a problem with SOMEONE.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:

Because shooting, darts and snooker are "traditionally male sports". But from footbal to sprinting, the real physical difference isn't that big.

On average men are stronger and faster than women.  There is overlap, but at the elite level of sport women could not compete with male counter parts.  Give me the #1 (currently United States) women's football nation and the #50 (currently Norway) men's football nation and I'd bet on the men.

Transgender women are allowed to compete against natural-born women? There's no way that's a thing.

Ka-pi96 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I dunno about that. The womens 100m record is 10.49 seconds, to put that in to perspective out of the 23 men that ran in the 2012 Olympics 100m semi finals the slowest time was 10.31 seconds. That means the fastest woman ever wouldn't have even been in the top 23 in the mens competition, let alone had a chance at a medal.

Go to more physical sports and I expect that difference would become even larger. Women couldn't hope to compete at the top level in sports such as Rugby or Boxing. Sure some women are far better at sport than some men could ever be, but when it comes to the highest level the men are just out of reach.

Your proposed perspective makes the difference look closer than what it is and thus it is very misleading.

First of all, there is a limit how many contestants each country can assign and this means there are a lot of fast individual men left out of olympics.

Second is conditions. What where the conditions on the track when those men ran in the semi-finals compared to the conditions when Flo-Jo ran the women's WR. It's been speculated years and years how during Flo-Jo's WR run there was most likely a strong tailwind but the sensors where faulty and thus it was accepted as WR. 2.0m/s tailwind is the max and Flo-Jo had most likely more.

Third, the semi-finals had 3 heats and total of 23 participants and every single one of them ran under the Women's WR. However at the earlier stage, there was 7 heats and 54 participants in total and 43 ran under Women's WR.

Fourth, Athletics and in this case Sprinting is extreme example of physical sport, much more than Rugby or Boxing. Sprinting evaluates only and only physical capability while in Rugby or in Boxing you can outsmart your opponent.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

For those who don't believe:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

Ka-pi96 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I dunno about that. The womens 100m record is 10.49 seconds, to put that in to perspective out of the 23 men that ran in the 2012 Olympics 100m semi finals the slowest time was 10.31 seconds. That means the fastest woman ever wouldn't have even been in the top 23 in the mens competition, let alone had a chance at a medal.

Go to more physical sports and I expect that difference would become even larger. Women couldn't hope to compete at the top level in sports such as Rugby or Boxing. Sure some women are far better at sport than some men could ever be, but when it comes to the highest level the men are just out of reach.

That's the diference now, but it's a small gap. Look at the difference between men and women marathon times. When women first started competing in marathons, the fastest woman was generally 2 hours slower than the fastest man. The difference now has shrunk to 1 or 2 minutes.