By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon has sold 1m copies in Europe

Amazing really for not just a new game but a new game featuring completely new set of characters, could show the old dogs at Nintendo that a new trick is a good thing sometimes :)

(also wtf is going on in the left side of that pic, staring at it for a bit now, can't make it out... is she straddling a gun between her legs? I have to be looking at that wrong.)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Amazing really for not just a new game but a new game featuring completely new set of characters, could show the old dogs at Nintendo that a new trick is a good thing sometimes :)

(also wtf is going on in the left side of that pic, staring at it for a bit now, can't make it out... is she straddling a gun between her legs? I have to be looking at that wrong.)

Honestly fresh idea's new games new style can only be good.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Honestly fresh idea's new games new style can only be good.

Doshin the Giant and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg say otherwise :D

But yeah Splatoon got huge for something that seemed so strange when they revealed it first.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So I guess 5-6m is still in-play by the end of the year?

wombat123 said:
So I guess 5-6m is still in-play by the end of the year?

6 million by end of 2016 and 7 million LT seem a fair bet.

Around the Network

good for Splatoon, i hope Splatoon 2 on the new Nintendo console would sell more.

Woomy!

Still surreal that this game sold as much as it did.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

That's a big deal, especially considering that Europe is Nintendo's weakest zone. Plus, when it's all said and done, I bet Splatoon will be sitting at 1.5m there.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Remember when people were saying it was going to be a wonderful 101 level flop

collint0101 said:
Remember when people were saying it was going to be a wonderful 101 level flop

One of my Highlights of 2015! 

Pocky Lover Boy!