By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First 10 Weeks Sales: SFV (PS4) -VS- ROTTR (X1) - VGC Data

Tagged games:

Choose wisely!

Street Fighter V (PS4) 145 43.15%

Rise of the Tomb Raider (X1) 191 56.85%

Total:336
sabvre42 said:
How am I the only one to notice how mismatched this comparison is.

ROTR's 10 weeks was over christmas and is a single player game that people are drastically more likely to buy physical for.

SV5 launched in February and is going to have a drastically higher digital percentage.

Normally i would agree, but after we got the psn bestseller digital lists, this seems to be not ture at all.
very low digital sales for sfv.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Fei-Hung said:

It shows what mixed reviews and negative word of mouth can achieve. Besides, just because you are on team win doesn't mean everyone on team win will go out and buy the game. People on team win still are pissed of about the lack of day one content at full price. ROtTR didn't give consumers on Xbox a reason not to buy or to hold of. 

But Team win has way more potential customers, almost twice as much. And there were a lot of people who didn't welcome the moneyhat from MS. Whether that is a reason to not buy a game we will never know.

Regardless of what team, not everyone buys a console for every game. I wouldn't be surprised if most Xbox and PS owners out there buy a new console for Fifa or COD. They just pick whichever console is trending. 

Anyone know what PC sales are like on steam and other pc platforms? 

walsufnir said:
Nintyfan90 said:

I guess the most famous fighting game title in history now belongs to Smash!

Yes. (Fixed)

Fei-Hung said:
walsufnir said:

But Team win has way more potential customers, almost twice as much. And there were a lot of people who didn't welcome the moneyhat from MS. Whether that is a reason to not buy a game we will never know.

Regardless of what team, not everyone buys a console for every game. I wouldn't be surprised if most Xbox and PS owners out there buy a new console for Fifa or COD. They just pick whichever console is trending. 

Correct. People buy consoles for the big and great games.

And fifa and cod are 2 of the biggest. If you're a small game, you have to be great. Otherwise the sales will suck. And even big games lice ac are no dave harbor if you fuck up badly

Yeah, I think Street Fighter V will do just fine. Tomb Raider tanked.

Around the Network

You clearly just put the latest Xbox One "exclusive" against the latest PS4 exclusive, btw. Nice.

TB sales aren't great. SFV will have more content and will sell loads more.

Fei-Hung said:
walsufnir said:

i don't know about tomb raider, but the PC version of street fighet 5 only sold around a mere 130K on their most famous pc platform called steam against the 440K copies sold on PS4. http://steamspy.com/app/310950

I think the other thing to remember here is sales VS profits. I don't think SFV cost anywhere as much as ROtTR to make. A million sales for SFV will probably go a lot further than a million sales of RotTR.

Pretty bad. It released at a busy time of year. valentines day, easter and paddys day coming up. kids on mid term holidays and your comparing it to a game that released during a different holiday season. A holiday season all about giving gifts lol. Come on man. its barely out and your already trolling its sales.