By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the best selling 3DS game in Japan this year?

What will be the best selling 3DS game in Japan this year?

Pokemon Sun/Moon 95 81.20%

Yokai Watch 3 7 5.98%

Monster Hunter Stories 2 1.71%

Dragon Quest XI 12 10.26%

Other 1 0.85%

Total:117

I think Pokemon Sun/Moon will end up first, with Yokai Watch 3 coming in second. I would say Dragon Quest XI would be a really close second to Pokemon if it weren't for the fact that it will also be on PS4(and maybe even NX), so because of this I think it will end up in third. I don't expect Monster Hunter Stories to be as big as other Monster Hunter games since it's a spin off, so I'm guessing it will come in last.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Despite its popularity, I feel Pokemon will still come on top. Pokemon still has many many fans among so many ages.

YW I think still mostly have kids as fans, who'd buy the game at least.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Despite its popularity, I feel Pokemon will still come on top. Pokemon still has many many fans among so many ages.

Also, Level 5 has milked the franchise at a frightening speed. Most parents must be sick of buying two YW games per year, and I don't think they have an audience old enough to pay for their own games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Cloudman said:

Also, Level 5 has milked the franchise at a frightening speed. Most parents must be sick of buying two YW games per year, and I don't think they have an audience old enough to pay for their own games.

I wonder if it being set in the US will deter some kids away as well...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

So much faith in Pokemon, if sun and moon is not exclusive then they wont win, the one that is truly exclusive (yokai 3) will win in that case. If it is exclusive then Pokemon.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

Sun and Moon of course. there's no possible way Yokai Watch wins in the year of the 20th anniversary after they have built so much hype...

Pokemon without a doubt.

sun and moon - wow put it this way - 3DS is actually going to be OK this year in Japan!

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
sun and moon - wow put it this way - 3DS is actually going to be OK this year in Japan!

The problem is that the releases are so spread across the year, it's going to be hard to keep sales consistent. Also, will this be the year when the 3DS beats the PS2 in Japan, or is that too much of a stretch?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pokemon should beat Yokai Watch 3.

As for Dragon Quest, I expect that to release in early 2017.