By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the best selling 3DS game in Japan this year?

What will be the best selling 3DS game in Japan this year?

Pokemon Sun/Moon 95 81.20%

Yokai Watch 3 7 5.98%

Monster Hunter Stories 2 1.71%

Dragon Quest XI 12 10.26%

Other 1 0.85%

Total:117

Pokemon Sun/Moon. Youkai Watch 3 is going to be a close one, but Pokemon still has the upper hand.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

While Yokai Watch will have a chance, I think Pokemon Sun and Moon will win.We really need to see what both brings to the table(new things I mean), but Pokemon will probably have the advantage of releasing on a new hardware, which will increase the hype tenfold.But we will see

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pokemon most likely

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ka-pi96 said:
Nautilus said:
While Yokai Watch will have a chance, I think Pokemon Sun and Moon will win.We really need to see what both brings to the table(new things I mean), but Pokemon will probably have the advantage of releasing on a new hardware, which will increase the hype tenfold.But we will see

3DS is new hardware? Since when?

New new 3DS XL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokes aside, what I meant is, when they next show the game, it may run in the NX, and while they surely will show footage in the 3DS hardware, the footage from the stronger hardware may make people more excited for the game(than they would with footage from the 3DS), and may be more willing to buy the game, even if it means to buy in the 3DS.Kinda confusing my reasoning, so i hope you understand!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Bumping in case anyone else wants to weigh in.

Also yeah, an important thing to note is that Yokai Watch 3 is slated to release during the summer, while the other three will likely be Oct-Dec. releases, which could give YW3 somewhat of an edge.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Pokémon > Yokay Watch > Monster Hunter > Dragon Quest

Pokemon but Yokai will make this interesting.

Pokémon Sun/Moon for sure. Yokai will probably be number 2, unless something dramatic happens.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

pkmn but i cant wait for DQ

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Pokemon is #1 in Japan, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.