By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Did You Buy your Console?

Why did you buy the console you own?

Brand Loyalty 45 15.57%

Exclusives 188 65.05%

Multiplatform 8 2.77%

Controller 10 3.46%

Community 8 2.77%

Track Record 30 10.38%

Total:289

You didn't put price on there. I bought my wii u for exclusives, ps4 for exclusives and multiplats and bought my Xone simply because it was dirt cheap in black Friday sales

Around the Network

Japanese support.

XOne because of halo, forza, gears, titanfall, perhaps quantum break and the better gamepad/online service

Combination of many factors.

Xbox One because
garden Warfare
Controller
multi plats
still had 7 months on my live sub at the time

Friends.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
You don't really need five polls to accomplish this. Lets just look at sales charts.

PS4: 2 out of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the PS4 to play multiplats.

Xbone: 4 of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Xbone to play multiplats.

Wii U: 19 of the top 20 games are exclusives. The only exception is ZombiU, which recently went MP. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Wii U for exclusives.

That was easy. And way more credible for your research than forum polls.

3 polls actually but it wouldn't be you without exaggeration :)

It's a very surprising result so far. I honestly thought community would be nearer number one.

I want to say the controller because I bought the Wii U to play the motion games but by that same token, those games are exclusive to Nintendo.  Since buying a console is all about the games I was forced then to vote for exclusives.  I'm also surprised that this was the most popular category for the reasons Ludicrous pointed out.  Also, there may have been reason to add "operating system" to the poll.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Naughty Dog games and JRPGs

PS4 Game Collection

GribbleGrunger said:

My final poll because for some reason lots of people seem to only deal in absolutes. It would be remiss of me not to do this actually. This is about the 'main' reason you bought your console.

Why isn't "to annoy a single person on this site" an option on the poll, regardless of that or the sales, the swaying factor of what makes a user buy a console, I agree with you, is the games you can only play on that machine.

That aside, I wouldn't bother wasting energy yourself on making threads like this, it's better to just ignore the "lol i cant believe people are X'ing about Y issue" user and focus on what you like instead rather than what that person doesn't, tis a waste of your energy trying to change someone elses mind especially if they have a many year long track record of the same view.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Exclusives are my main draw for consoles. So on PS4.. Uncharted 4, The Last of Us 2 and exclusive japanese titles are reasons enough for me to get one. Then there is multiplayer with friends.

I like Nintendo's games, and most of the games on PS4/Xbone are third party. A lot of third party games don't appeal to me.

Only problem is I want to play the new Final Fantasy. if I were to get another 8th gen console, it'd be PS4. It's an absolute beauty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.