By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is sold out all over Japan and Nintendo isn’t talking

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You said concept like that is impossible, that obviously is not true. Also you totally ignoring things that I wrote to you, that device that could be used like handheld and home console is kind a hybrid of handheld and home console, I can played it on go and I can played it on TV.

It is true and I already detailed.

You keep talking about a handheld only, that's not a hybrid. But let's go with your "hybrid" system. You expect nintendo use a handheld less powerful than wii u as a replacement for it? Let that sink in.

You didn't detailed nothing, I already wrote to you Chromecast doing similar thing few years already. Again you are in denial and your post doesn't make any sense.

Like I few times already wrote to you, such a device could be used like handheld and home console, so practice would be hybrid of handheld and home console, but again you keep ignoring that.

Why would to be less powerful than Wii U!? Like I wrote, you really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, you think like we are still in 2010/2011, fact is that lotsa things changed last 5 years.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Wireless connection to a tv? that's not something every tv can do = automatically a big no.

Like you wrote, that's not a hybrid. And nothing you or anyone write will be a hybrid, because the concept isn't possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_X

There, it came out in 2012 a home console/portable hybrid. Please stop.

Indeed this is pretty much exactly what I'm expecting. Whether it's a fully unified platform. Or there is a less powerful handheld but they can share development resources. (1 game works on both form factors) or its all a single spec I don't know.

I don't get why people say it's impossible. It's blatantly already happened. Hell even the Super Gameboy is another example of the concept. Even phones and tablets beam from the unit to a TV. Having a dedicated box plugged into your TV would add 100% compatibility for peanuts.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Indeed this is pretty much exactly what I'm expecting. Whether it's a fully unified platform. Or there is a less powerful handheld but they can share development resources. (1 game works on both form factors) or its all a single spec I don't know.

I don't get why people say it's impossible. It's blatantly already happened. Hell even the Super Gameboy is another example of the concept. Even phones and tablets beam from the unit to a TV. Having a dedicated box plugged into your TV would add 100% compatibility for peanuts.

The main reason I could see them taking the NX down this road is how very clear it is that Nintendos first party teams, while absolutely amazing at what they create... are just not able to handle producing games for a full 1080p system at a rate considered exceptable by most gamers, either they need to get a whole lot more devs in working on their main first party stuff, license stuff out to 2nd party teams like they had Rare for DK and Starfox64 or even the way they got teams like EA working on sports games on the GC which included first party Nintendo characters to make the games feel more... "Nintendo'y"

I just mean the games which come from Nintendo on the 3ds and Wii-u are great for the most part and if there was more of them at the quality of things like Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 it's just a license to print money, but with the trickle of games coming out so rarely the sales suffer enormously,  simply put I haven't bought a Wii-U for the ability to count the games I'd want to play on the system on 1 hand, that isn't a good investment so the great first party games I know of on the system are going to miss out on a sale from me as well.

And yeah, there is a ton of other Hybrid machines which allow you to play another library in a manner it wasn't intended originally, you have the Super gameboy like you said expanding the SNES library by the whole GB range and allowing people to enjoy huge RPGS like Azure Dreams, Links Awakening and of course Pokemon on the big screen saving hundreds of AA's lol, you also had the power base convertor for the Gamegear weirdly enough, allowed you play Master System Cartridges in a Gamegear... ya know, if you were interested in burning through AA's instead of saving them and you had a pretty strong arm to hold the damn thing, GameGear, convertor, 6AAs and some Master System Cartridges hanging out the top of it lol, made gamers strong enough to beat up bullies in the 90s.

Sega were the kings of portable gaming in the 90s imo!

P - O - R - T - A - B - L - E *

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

It is true and I already detailed.

You keep talking about a handheld only, that's not a hybrid. But let's go with your "hybrid" system. You expect nintendo use a handheld less powerful than wii u as a replacement for it? Let that sink in.

You didn't detailed nothing, I already wrote to you Chromecast doing similar thing few years already. Again you are in denial and your post doesn't make any sense.

Like I few times already wrote to you, such a device could be used like handheld and home console, so practice would be hybrid of handheld and home console, but again you keep ignoring that.

Why would to be less powerful than Wii U!? Like I wrote, you really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, you think like we are still in 2010/2011, fact is that lotsa things changed last 5 years.

I won't keep repeating that your example is just a handheld.

Because nintendo's next portable can't be more powerful or as powerful or just a little less powerful than wii u. technological + price limitations.

Ganoncrotch said:
MikeRox said:

The main reason I could see them taking the NX down this road is how very clear it is that Nintendos first party teams, while absolutely amazing at what they create... are just not able to handle producing games for a full 1080p system at a rate considered exceptable by most gamers, either they need to get a whole lot more devs in working on their main first party stuff, license stuff out to 2nd party teams like they had Rare for DK and Starfox64 or even the way they got teams like EA working on sports games on the GC which included first party Nintendo characters to make the games feel more... "Nintendo'y"

I just mean the games which come from Nintendo on the 3ds and Wii-u are great for the most part and if there was more of them at the quality of things like Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 it's just a license to print money, but with the trickle of games coming out so rarely the sales suffer enormously,  simply put I haven't bought a Wii-U for the ability to count the games I'd want to play on the system on 1 hand, that isn't a good investment so the great first party games I know of on the system are going to miss out on a sale from me as well.

And yeah, there is a ton of other Hybrid machines which allow you to play another library in a manner it wasn't intended originally, you have the Super gameboy like you said expanding the SNES library by the whole GB range and allowing people to enjoy huge RPGS like Azure Dreams, Links Awakening and of course Pokemon on the big screen saving hundreds of AA's lol, you also had the power base convertor for the Gamegear weirdly enough, allowed you play Master System Cartridges in a Gamegear... ya know, if you were interested in burning through AA's instead of saving them and you had a pretty strong arm to hold the damn thing, GameGear, convertor, 6AAs and some Master System Cartridges hanging out the top of it lol, made gamers strong enough to beat up bullies in the 90s.

Sega were the kings of portable gaming in the 90s imo!

P - O - R - T - A - B - L - E *

Could you tell us where you pulled that from? Nintendo transitioned from SD to HD better than most.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Because nintendo's next portable can't be more powerful or as powerful or just a little less powerful than wii u. technological + price limitations.

You can keep repeating that is just handheld without proving that I am wrong and again ignoring what I wrote, but main point is koncept like that is possible, not if koncept like this is some kind of hybrid, but answer is yes in both cases.

Again you are wrong like usually, such a device (I not talking about simple handheld like 3DS or Vita, its more like Wii U gamepad tablet device) can easily be powerful similar or above Wii U power. Again you really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, and overestimating Wii U power.

Again you are doing same thing like you done with possibility of NX arriving this year or that Zelda U will be on NX too, completely denying possibilities like those without any solid argument and acting like something like that is impossible, and you making any sense.

Moderated - Starcraft

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

There are mobile chips that are way better than the Wii U for a low cost already so I don't see that being the issue. 

The bigger issue really would be the form factor ... you can't have a chip like that in a dinky small 3DS form factor, which is why I suspect the main NX machine will introduce a new form factor, and I agree with the posters above I think the central NX device will be a hybrid device. Maaaaybe more traditional form factors will come later (especially a pocket sized version if/when they can shrink to 10nm or less). 

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

You can keep repeating that is just handheld without proving that I am wrong and again ignoring what I wrote, but main point is koncept like that is possible, not if koncept like this is some kind of hybrid, but answer is yes in both cases.

Again you are wrong like usually, such a device (I not talking about simple handheld like 3DS or Vita, its more like Wii U gamepad tablet device) can easily be powerful similar or above Wii U power. Again you really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, and overestimating Wii U power.

Again you are doing same thing like you done with possibility of NX arriving this year or that Zelda U will be on NX too, completely denying possibilities like those without any solid argument and acting like something like that is impossible, and you making any sense.

No, the main point is if the example is a hybrid (it's not).

I suggest you look into nintendo's handhelds power trajectory over the years.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

No, the main point is if the example is a hybrid (it's not).

I suggest you look into nintendo's handheld power trajectory over the years.

Trajectory doesn't really mean anything, beyond that Nintendo hasn't had the chip advances available to them in the past that they do today nor was their handheld market ever threatened this much in the past. 

I believe Nintendo too ... NX is going to be something different, probably a new form factor of a device, not simply just DS3/3DS-2 with better graphics. They've said repeatedly they don't want to do that. 

MikeRox said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Super gameboy is a snes cartridge with basically ALL of the gameboy's hardware inside and port for gameboy's cartridges. How is that anything like the discussed subject?