By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is sold out all over Japan and Nintendo isn’t talking

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Wireless connection to a tv? that's not something every tv can do = automatically a big no.

Like you wrote, that's not a hybrid. And nothing you or anyone write will be a hybrid, because the concept isn't possible.

Dongle that can be attached to TV can enable wireless connection, similar to Google Chromecast or tens of similar devices, basically it can be attached to any LCD TV.

Main point of handheld is that you can take it anywhere, main point of home console is playing on TV, so device like that could be used like handheld and like home console, it's practically hybrid of handheld and home console.

Saying that concept like that is impossible in 2016. is pure denial and don't make any sense.

Very well but that's still extra cost for the dongle and no hybrid, just a handheld that can connect to a tv. Look, for a "hybrid" to exist, it would have to be something like wii u, where you can play EVERY game on the gamepad and outside your home. Care to explain how would that work? because if the controller has it's own hardware (that the home console would be really lacking, in order for a handheld to be as powerful as it), then it's a separete handheld. If it doesn't have hardware, what would it take? Infinite internet connection for cloud streaming? But then it would be a cloud that requires different hardware for different plays..

Around the Network

It was selling writing pretty bad even before the shortage.

think-man said:
It was selling writing pretty bad even before the shortage.

Aye still though when the Wii was in short supply Nintendo were fast to let people know there was more on the way, tis the lack of PR communication from them which is a bad move here moreso than cutting the legs off the sales (albeit small) of the Wii-U system.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Miyamotoo said:

When people talking about Hybrid Nintendo device they usually think about one hardware not separate handheld and home console hardware, and you talking about unified platform with handheld and home console.

Think about like some tablet device (maybe something similar like Wii U gamepad), that you can take everywhere with you but also you can wireless connect via dongle on TV and enjoy gaming on big screen. Something similar like that rumour we had.

You can do that with Chromecast and an android phone right now for games like ... Angry Birds and stuff, well a ton of other games too but mostly the Android store games, but that exact thing, have your phone for games and Chromecast in your tv, when you are in range of the TV the Android device gets a little Screen icon in the top to show you can cast the content to the TV, costs about €30 too, nifty little things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromecast

Yes I know, thats I said Nintendo hybrid device could come with dongle.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Dongle that can be attached to TV can enable wireless connection, similar to Google Chromecast or tens of similar devices, basically it can be attached to any LCD TV.

Main point of handheld is that you can take it anywhere, main point of home console is playing on TV, so device like that could be used like handheld and like home console, it's practically hybrid of handheld and home console.

Saying that concept like that is impossible in 2016. is pure denial and don't make any sense.

Very well but that's still extra cost for the dongle and no hybrid, just a handheld that can connect to a tv. Look, for a "hybrid" to exist, it would have to be something like wii u, where you can play EVERY game on the gamepad and outside your home. Care to explain how would that work? because if the controller has it's own hardware (that the home console would be really lacking, in order for a handheld to be as powerful as it), then it's a separete handheld. If it doesn't have hardware, what would it take? Infinite internet connection for cloud streaming? But then it would be a cloud that requires different hardware for different plays..

Dongle would come with hybrid, logicly.

Like I wrote, main point of handheld is that you can take it anywhere, main point of home console is playing on TV, so device like that could be used like handheld and like home console, it's practically hybrid of handheld and home console. So basicly you could play NSMB at trip or you can play NSMB it on TV at home, resolustion would be at least 720p.

I am not talking about power of such a concept, I talking about concept, concept like that is very easily possible. If you already want to talk about power just look what hardware today phones have, just look for instance this hardware of this phone have, phone that can be ordered from China for $170. Have on mind that Nintendo hybrid want need things like 16MP and 5MP camera, GSM, LTE, Sim Slot, GPS, FM...that this phone have.

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7863.php

You really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, you think like we are still in 2010/2011, fact is that lotsa things changed last 5 years. Compare hardware of that phone with phone that launched 5 years ago that had similar price point.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3777&idPhone2=7863

Around the Network

Does that mean that media create will show 0 WiiU sold tonight?

Clearing out excess stock in anticipation of some big event? With the way it has been selling globally, there really isn't a lot of other explanations for shortages, not over an extended period of time anyway.

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Like I wrote, main point of handheld is that you can take it anywhere, main point of home console is playing on TV, so device like that could be used like handheld and like home console, it's practically hybrid of handheld and home console. So basicly you could play NSMB at trip or you can play NSMB it on TV at home, resolustion would be at least 720p.

I am not talking about power of such a concept, I talking about concept, concept like that is very easily possible. If you already want to talk about power just look what hardware today phones have, just look for instance this hardware of this phone have, phone that can be ordered from China for $170. Have on mind that Nintendo hybrid want need things like 16MP and 5MP camera, GSM, LTE, Sim Slot, GPS, FM...that this phone have.

You really underestimating technology and affordability of that technology in 2016, you think like we are still in 2010/2011, fact is that lotsa things changed last 5 years. Compare hardware of that phone with phone that launched 5 years ago that had similar price point.

Concept like that is not a hybrid. There's really nothing to discuss.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You said concept like that is impossible, that obviously is not true. Also you totally ignoring things that I wrote to you, that device that could be used like handheld and home console is kind a hybrid of handheld and home console, I can played it on go and I can played it on TV.

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

You said concept like that is impossible, that obviously is not true. Also you totally ignoring things that I wrote to you, that device that could be used like handheld and home console is kind a hybrid of handheld and home console, I can played it on go and I can played it on TV.

It is true and I already detailed.

You keep talking about a handheld only, that's not a hybrid. But let's go with your "hybrid" system. You expect nintendo use a handheld less powerful than wii u as a replacement for it? Let that sink in.