By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Billionaire sentenced to death

The West has always been soft on crime. Can't say i like it, but i respect it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Azuren said:

Except no, they could have hired more people and afforded other services. Instead, they were billions behind and likely has to cut operation costs.

Hired more people for what? Companies don't just hire extra people and pay them to sit around on their arse.

I pray for your own sake that you never run a business. 

People don't keep the same jobs forever,  so they gave to be replaced when they leave. Not only that, but new locations/wings can be opened up to increase productivity. People get raises and promotions, but without this money? Nothing would happen. The idea that you have a static number of employees being paid a static amount of money is both naive and incorrect. There are a number of things this money could have gone into, and even if it made it into NONE of them because, for whatever reason, this company has the same bad notions of business you demonstrated, then the money would still be collected as taxes and go towards paying government jobs.

Money doesn't flow in one direction. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Salaries, services, maintenance, cost of goods.... If you think money goes into a company andt stays there forever, then I don't really have much else to say.

So you're saying that because he allegedly embezzled those funds that the company was no longer going to do business?  That none of those things were going to get paid?  Profits earned go to taxes, investors, management bonuses, and to the bank.  The first two of those options are probably what this would be about.  The last might sit as cash or it might become an investment one way or another.  Which account that money rests in probably makes little difference.

Iran is a wealthy country and massively corrupt in both the private and public sectors.  It's a huge assumption that the money embezzled would have made any kind of real difference in the lives of thousands of ordinary people.

Make an expample out of him that money doesnt meen you can do whatever you want and get away with it.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

There is no value on a persons life therefore it doesn't matter if you steal 10 pound or 1 billion pound death penalty us too much. Anyone saying other wise has clearly never lost a loved one. And are probably 12.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Azuren said:

I pray for your own sake that you never run a business. 

People don't keep the same jobs forever,  so they gave to be replaced when they leave. Not only that, but new locations/wings can be opened up to increase productivity. People get raises and promotions, but without this money? Nothing would happen. The idea that you have a static number of employees being paid a static amount of money is both naive and incorrect. There are a number of things this money could have gone into, and even if it made it into NONE of them because, for whatever reason, this company has the same bad notions of business you demonstrated, then the money would still be collected as taxes and go towards paying government jobs.

Money doesn't flow in one direction. 

You think my way of running a business, ie. trying to make a profit, would be bad? Nah, throwing all your money away like you're suggesting would be bad.

When a company makes a lot of money they don't just hire extra staff they don't need. They hire staff and pay their salaries, yes. But the expectation is that by having those staff it will bring in more money for the company than it costs to employ them, if it doesn't then something must be wrong with the business.

Except what you've described isn't making a profit. It's stagnating in one spot. Everything you've described is mostly shallow views on business with an inability to think forward. Good luck with that. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames