By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Billionaire sentenced to death

So basically they are killing someone for theft?

Bit much.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I'm absolutely speechless that people are taking this at face value.

Azuren said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Seems a bit overboard to get death for "corruption" charges.

Are you kidding me? Billions embezzled and death is overboard?

To put things in perspective the poverty line (last I checked) in America was around 40K. That means every $200,000 could support 5 people a year above the poverty line. Every million? 25 people.

Now, there are a thousand million in a billion. 25x1000=25,000

Twenty-five THOUSAND people can be supported above the poverty line for a year on one billion dollars. This guy helped take away at the very least two (since billions is plural and at least more than one), which means this guy essentially robbed FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE of an entire year's pay. 

A bit overboard? It's unfortunate they can only kill him once. 

It's totally possible to kill somebody more than once, but I know what you're saying.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

As much as "billionare gets what is coming to him", has a nice ring to it, it's pretty shocking that people are so quick to declare a man deserves death. I highly doubt that many people have done the research on this, and I'm also surprised that people are so quick to trust the judgment of the Iranian government.

JWeinCom said:
As much as "billionare gets what is coming to him", has a nice ring to it, it's pretty shocking that people are so quick to declare a man deserves death. I highly doubt that many people have done the research on this, and I'm also surprised that people are so quick to trust the judgment of the Iranian government.

Can you trust the judgemnet of any government? ... 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
JWeinCom said:

Can you trust the judgemnet of any government? ... 

Not really, but some are certainly more suspect than others.  

Azuren said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Are you kidding me? Billions embezzled and death is overboard?

To put things in perspective the poverty line (last I checked) in America was around 40K. That means every $200,000 could support 5 people a year above the poverty line. Every million? 25 people.

Now, there are a thousand million in a billion. 25x1000=25,000

Twenty-five THOUSAND people can be supported above the poverty line for a year on one billion dollars. This guy helped take away at the very least two (since billions is plural and at least more than one), which means this guy essentially robbed FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE of an entire year's pay. 

A bit overboard? It's unfortunate they can only kill him once. 

Who says any of that money was going to help poverty stricken families. You make it sound like he personally broke into fifty thousand houses and robbed them. The guy deserves a harsh punishment but death is a bit much for embezzling money in a company. At least let him do hard labor to try and work off some of the money instead of killing him.

veritaz said:

Who says any of that money was going to help poverty stricken families. You make it sound like he personally broke into fifty thousand houses and robbed them. The guy deserves a harsh punishment but death is a bit much for embezzling money in a company. At least let him do hard labor to try and work off some of the money instead of killing him.

In every single country, whatever your chosen currency, money talks.  Always.  There isn't one place they could hold this guy legitimately without him getting a free and easy ride. 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

NobleTeam360 said:

Depends on what kind of corruption. Stealing public money is like killing millions of people due to lower health/education investiments, for example.

IkePoR said:
veritaz said:

In every single country, whatever your chosen currency, money talks.  Always.  There isn't one place they could hold this guy legitimately without him getting a free and easy ride. 

So the only other option is just killing the guy. I don't like that especially putting him in the same punsihment as serial murderers.