By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else reckons Colour Splash looks pretty?

Pavolink said:
PxlStorm said:
Who cares about the graphics if the gameplay is terrible.

Clearly the same Nintendo fans that pointed last gen on the Wii how gameplay must be over graphics always.

Oh, of course. Because now if you admire the artstyle of a game you are an hypocrite because the gameplay is bad (even when no ona has ever played the game lol).

Now people cannot say that the game looks pretty just because they think gameplay > graphics? Are we crazy or what?

Around the Network

The actual graphics look admittedly nice, That can't save what looks like boring gameplay.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It looks nice, but I think the art direction for this type of game has a lot of missed potential.

In Yoshi's Woolly World, you could clearly see the world getting built with yarn.
In Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, you could clearly see the world getting built with clay.
In Color Splash, the world is built with paint, pen, and paper - but not nearly to the obvious effect as in Yoshi and Kirby. Plus, there's the obvious missed opportunity to have you use the Gamepad to draw and color in some way.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I'd be more excited if it were like Super Paper Mario, because I enjoyed that game most out of the series. But it does look graphically very good, and I'd like to know more about what the gameplay is going to be about.

IkePoR said:
Aielyn said:

They're not "muted", they're pastel. Gives a more "natural" feel over bright colours, which look more cartoony. Note that this isn't equivalent to the "mature" grey-and-brown idiocy of last generation.

Why the hell would you go for a "natural" feel in a Paper MARIO game?  It's paper.  it's Mario.  It's about freaking COLORS.  It should be absolutely bursting with color.

This is the problem with a lot of people - they spend all of their time judging a game based on what they think it "should" be, they forget to judge it for what it actually is.

They want it to look like real dioramas. Real dioramas aren't going to be coloured with everything in ultra-fluoro colours. It looks more "real" than any previous Paper Mario title. And that's great. It also makes the characters, who *are* brightly-coloured, stand out further.

Around the Network

I think the visuals are great. I like the strong colors and textures.

The trailer doesn´t show much about gameplay. Only a card being painted and thrown away. I prefer to wait for more information before speculating....