By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to make the PS4 Controller Perfect [PS4 Controller + Wii U thumbssticks]

I like my controller thumb sticks to be concave personally.

Around the Network

And here I am thinking the DS4 is the pinnacle of controller design. Never had a problem with the sticks. Hell I can change from PS4 to PS3 to Wii U to Xbox to PS2 with no problems, so I'm an outlier here really.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I like the PS4 controller overall but I wish the battery life was longer and the L2/R2 buttons weren't so sensitive. Everything else is great.

For the ps4/ps3/ps2/ps controller to become perfect, it would take A LOT of change. The left analog would have to change places with the d-pad, the d-pad would have to be like the ones on nintendo controllers. Both analogues would need the change mentioned by the OP and the L, R, L2, R2 buttons would need a redesign plus repositioning. The controller's shape is decent but needs some changes to be ergonomically perfect.

Thunderbird77 said:

For the ps4/ps3/ps2/ps controller to become perfect, it would take A LOT of change. The left analog would have to change places with the d-pad, the d-pad would have to be like the ones on nintendo controllers. Both analogues would need the change mentioned by the OP and the L, R, L2, R2 buttons would need a redesign plus repositioning. The controller's shape is decent but needs some changes to be ergonomically perfect.

the Dpad is the best ever made from all manufactors. I prefer having analogsticks on the same position to each other

Around the Network

I fucking hate the DS3 though. No thanks.

I think anything but the DS4's terrible default thumbsticks would be better. It's not even that the sticks themselves are bad, but the pads are made of the cheapest rubber imaginable and they disintegrate in like a month.

Seriously, if they made a DS4-2 with a not-terrible battery and not-horrible thumb pads, I would be so happy.

patronmacabre said:
I think anything but the DS4's terrible default thumbsticks would be better. It's not even that the sticks themselves are bad, but the pads are made of the cheapest rubber imaginable and they disintegrate in like a month.

Seriously, if they made a DS4-2 with a not-terrible battery and not-horrible thumb pads, I would be so happy.

mine are in fine condition

For people talking about DS4's battery life, why not just hook it up with the charger? That's what I do when the Wii U pad is drained.

Seems like useful information if my thumb sticks peel off again, i have indeed seen people replacing the sticks with sticks from other consoles i just dont know how hard it is to do so, (i dont wanna break my controller).