Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the Nintendo Direct 3.3.2016

Rate the Direct

Not even a DQVII release date 18 7.09%

Paper Trash 89 35.04%

SF0 as always 17 6.69%

Federation Force is alive! 61 24.02%

At least we have a ND *shrugs* 69 27.17%

Total:254

4/10. New Paper Mario game looks disappointing and Federation Force still looks like shit. The SMM updates are nice I guess

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:
On the other hand, I found the whole excuse about why they didn't have dubs for SMT x FE to be pretty easy to see through. Atlus USA makes good localizations, even of games that are based entirely in Japan. It was painfully obvious that A) they didn't expect too many people to buy it, so they didn't want to waste money on voice actors or b) Atlus USA was too busy to localize it at that time.

some overall reasons/excuses might be:

• low sales expectations
  • keep localization budget low
  • want timely release 
  • lots of audio
  • game download size is already 16.6GB
  • lip syncing and performance syncing issues
  • possible copyright issues
  • would be a disconnect with English voices and Japanese singing

7/10
They showed us some new games and overall reminded us of some of the upcoming releases, which in my opinion, is needed to maintain interest. Also it helps me sort out which games I should buy versus the ones I'll skip. Also new info on current games were pretty cool. So in summery, not a lot of heavy hitters and lots of light stuff but it was enough to keep me satisfied.

Azuren said:
StarOcean said:

Are the graphics still PS2 level? o~o Personally, part of why I quit the series was how clunky the games felt, perhaps they improved on it nowadays but the menus and how stuff was explained in older MH titles felt so clunky that it really turned me off from the series. I think the series needs a serious overhaul, if it did I'd definitely give the series another go. 

The games always felt great to me, I guess I overcame that "clunkiness". I do know what you're talking about, though- it's very awkward compared to traditional games.

And yeah, totally. Here's a sample of MH2(DOS) from PS2:

Compared to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate:

Improvements are minimal (mostly only benefitting from higher resolutions). While I'm appreciative that they put function over form, I'm upset that they've completely ignored form for over a decade.

Yeah, I think not going balls to the wall with a big console MH is, IMO, a huge error in terms of appealing to the west.  It's a gosh darn ONLINE COOP GAME.  It's ALWAYS going to underperforming in the west when confined to handhelds.  And Nintendo not pushing as hard as possible for Capcom to do so is a massive missed opportunity.  Heck, go in 50-50 funding wise.  I really like MH4's controls and feel based on the demo but I have a hard time convincing myself to buy it when I know that every aspect of the experience is hampered by the platform.  

Slade6alpha said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Got. To Love the haters

People with different opinions= hate. 

Naw I am totally hating right now.

Around the Network

Who quoted me? Show yourself!

Nintendo = suicidal. Since moving abroad, I had to sell my Wii U and was supposed to pick up another on landing. Let's judge from my scenario. 

I'd been waiting to get another WIi U and had been excited to get my daughter a 3ds. On getting here, I have bought a PS3 for €80 second hand and play my ps3 and ps1 games on it. They released a new 3ds to throw me off the 3ds. Too expensive and totally put me off buying an old 3ds at the same time for my kid. The Wii U is still €300 everywhere so I haven't bought one. And even if the new 3ds becomes a target for me, they are behaving like it will too be replaced soon. So I won't buy a Wii U, 3ds or new 3ds. Wtf Nintendo?

Every few months, I hear a new ninty direct coming up. I hope and pray that they  will inspire me with something cool. But no. Nothing. They are just bafflingly stupid. I'm a normal family guy who buys more than the average amount of games. I even have kids. If I can't find logic in a Nintendo purchase, even though I had planned on buying two of their consoles last year, then who can?

There's nothing there that interests me - Monster Hunter might interest one of the kids, Star fox will definitely interest the other one - once he's over his Mario Sunshine obsession. (The Wii is still going well)

Objectively speaking, though, I guess it was a good direct, with the promise of a reasonable amount of games and updates in the next 6 months - just not the ones I'd be excited about. 7.5 out of 10.

Classic Pavolink.

IMO its was OK, basically all that I expected. 7/10

After E3 2016 only Wii U games left is Zelda U and Paper Mario? Looks like Pikmin 4 moved to the next platform.