By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which vaporware titles can Nintendo save for the NX?

Tagged games:

Nintendo saving vaporware. A sound strategy for the future?

Nintendo will gain succes... 10 47.62%

Nintendo will not move mo... 6 28.57%

Megaman Legends 3, you kn... 4 19.05%

Total:20
snyps said:
I think it's a poor strategy because it guarantees poor sales.

Poor strategy for who? These are not games that are going to be released anyway, I'm thinking more like vaporware, games that seem they'll never come out. Whether the IP owner doesn't care for the game anymore, maybe they think they will flop, maybe the developement got stuck... If Nintendo pays for the developement of one of these, the IP owner gets an almost risk-less game, Nintendo saves face by saving a long awaited title and brings a lot of attention to their system. Consumers might be upset the game is an exclusive now, but the other option is the game never being made.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Super Mario 64 2.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Darwinianevolution said:
snyps said:
I think it's a poor strategy because it guarantees poor sales.

Poor strategy for who? These are not games that are going to be released anyway, I'm thinking more like vaporware, games that seem they'll never come out. Whether the IP owner doesn't care for the game anymore, maybe they think they will flop, maybe the developement got stuck... If Nintendo pays for the developement of one of these, the IP owner gets an almost risk-less game, Nintendo saves face by saving a long awaited title and brings a lot of attention to their system. Consumers might be upset the game is an exclusive now, but the other option is the game never being made.

The game wasn't being made because it was predicted to sell poorly and while it's really cool for fans it's really expensive for the publisher. There's games I want. Im just saying it's a strategy that doesn't make a lot of money. But it does do all the nice things you mentioned.