By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you were a billionaire what would you do "to change the world?"

I would be Altruistic...

Agree. 20 44.44%

Disagree. 2 4.44%

Fuck the world, my money bitches. 23 51.11%

Total:45

I'd buy everyone rubber ducks.

Around the Network

I'd keep all the money to myself as long as I were alive but if I were forced into philanthropy it wouldn't involve gaming at all since that it is not a betterment of life quality ...

I would most likely donate the money to education, resource generation, and financial education ...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Free mobile phone service for everyone....

In reality I'd use my wealth to make others lives better but not directly just throwing money at things but allowing people to earn money from what they want to do in life. So I'd hire a person just out of art school to make a living of their art by paying them a salary and owning a business, in return I just get a share of the profits. If they do well and are ambitious enough, they will be successful, make me more money to help others.

Hmm, pie.

Localize Dead or Alive Extreme 3 for the west.

Around the Network

No, if I was billionaire not a penny would involve gaming (well, I'd purchase games as a gamer, of course). I'd fight hard to fight poverty. Obviously I'm talking without not even know how I might feel if I suddenly have that much money, so maybe I'd be a selfish prick.

Ka-pi96 said:
Shadow8 said:
Localize Dead or Alive Extreme 3 for the west.

Just localise it?

Why not add in a free nude dlc as well?

Genius!

We should be business partners :p

Why stop there, let's add all the girls that are missing too!

I would create a console and would produce and buy so many from these console that it would be the most sold console of all time, then I would go to youtube, neogaf... ect. and would ask everyone what console is the best selling of all times,
of course my avatar is clear so everyone knows who I am.

Now that I think about it, I'll also be a pretty much hated SJW on gaming world. Kind of like a billionaire and philantropist Sarkeesian. And watch the gaming world burning and hating me :P. But I really think there's space for improvement in this area.

How much money are we talking about? Let´s say slightly richer than Bill Gates

If I had like, $80 billion I would keep $20 billion for "myself" and $60 billion to everything else.

$1 billion would be for my family and friends.

$10 billion to buy as much of the Amazon as I could.

$10 billion to try to help Africa, at least to avoid people from dying from hunger.

$10 billion to cancer research, as I hate that fucking disease so much, and if I was lucky enough to find a cure, I´d make it as cheap as an aspirin. No one would die of cancer if I could avoid it.

Then for the selfish part, I´d buy whatever building I want in London and make my own museum where I would exhibit my artwork. I would buy a house in New York (I just love those lofts so much), one in Greece, one in Japan, plenty of houses in Spain and then I would buy an island, built the house of my dreams there, buy all the things I may like (electronics, computers, videogames etc.) I would fill it with cats, turtles, monkeys, birds and sloths and I would plant all the plants, trees, flowers and cactus I can. I would spend the rest of my life drawing, taking pictures, watching tv series, playing videogames, taking care of my animals and just being happy. I´d also travel all over the world with my friends and family or they could live with me in our fortress of solitude xD

With all of that done, I would still have like $20-25 billion, which is enough money to keep doing good things for what I think would be necessary. And all of that money would be on the bank, so every year I would earn more because of the interest rate.

Oh, and as for the selfish part as well, I would travel to outer space, but just when I´m old enough so if I die on the trip I wouldn´t matter hahaha.

EDIT: Oh! Forgot something important as well. I would have Zac Efron, Joe Jonas, Tyler Posey, Colton Haynes, Adam Rayner, Andrew Garfield, Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhall, Ian Somerhalder and Daniel Radcliffe as my bitches. Everything on the list would be impossible, Africa, the Amazon, the Cancer research... so this doesn´t have to be any more real than that. So they would be my bitches, period!

God, we would have such a great time playing... videogames