By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So which version of Zelda U (assuming the Niji leak is real) are you buying?

Which Zelda U are you buying?

Zelda U 52 36.11%

Zelda NX 62 43.06%

Both! 30 20.83%

Total:144

I bought the Wii U mainly for Zelda, but seeing as it will be on NX I won't even bother with the Wii U version anymore, I'll just buy the NX one.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

How the heck did I miss that... What did they mean by "absorb"? That dates back to the gamecube.

"However, I think that we no longer need this kind of effort under the current circumstances. In this perspective, while we are only going to be able to start this with the next system, it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture. It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems."

- Iwata March 2014

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130qa/02.html

Wii U

Both.

Eventually anyway, at first for WiiU. We'll see when I'd get the NX version, just like with TP. If it were any other franchise I wouldn't even entertain the idea, but when Zelda is concerned all my usual rules go overboard.

Probably both but I'll get the Wii U version first as it will probably be worth more monetarily in the future. I'll get the NX version when it's a Nintendo Selects release.

Around the Network

WiiU

I'm not going to buy a new console for a game that I can play on a console I already own.

Depends whether or not NX is a hybrid console or not. If it is, then I will be getting it because I always get Nintendo handhelds. If not, I will wait until it gets games and just buy the Wii U version.

Wii U

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

The only confirmed version so far is the Wii U one, and that's the console I have.

Also, since I won't buy NX at launch, there's only one option for me.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If I have money when NX launches, I'll buy the NX version with the console. If not, WiiU version. Also, it depends on how the gamepad is used on Zelda U and if NX keeps a similar controller.