By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So which version of Zelda U (assuming the Niji leak is real) are you buying?

Which Zelda U are you buying?

Zelda U 52 36.11%

Zelda NX 62 43.06%

Both! 30 20.83%

Total:144

The Niji leak is practically confirmed to be true, at the very least true at some point in time. Even if it was outdated, Zelda U isn't launching exclusively at this point. So which are you buying when they launch both?

I'm very likely buying both. Look at TP, where one version is dirt cheap and another is over $60. As a collector, especially on a system that will end up as hard to collect for as the Wii U, Zelda U is a hard sell for me NOT to buy. Assuming the NX is an improvement graphically and slightly in mechanics, I'll play Zelda NX and leave Zelda U on the shelf. If it's a straight port (with or without Gamepad support), I might stick with the Wii U version and leave the NX version on the shelf when I buy it a few months later. 

What about you guys?

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Waiting to see what else NX is launching with. They might make it a pack in game, and if there's other games worth getting and the reviews are good I'll adopt the new console right off the bat.

Otherwise, wii u... If it releases for both but I'd have to wait for a later NX launch I'm deff getting it on wii u.

edit: I'm not sure it's safe to assume this is the case yet, though... Unless they've taken the suicidal approach of not changing the NX's architecture, it would be difficult to have a port ready.

Don't get ahead of yourself, we've barely gotten any news on the NX itself!

But if it were to be confirmed, Wii U.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

WiiU

I dont think the differences between versions are gonna be that big, just like in Twilight Princess.

I thought I was getting the Wii U version, but it depends. If the NX version runs at 60fps, and if the NX has at least one big game, I'll probably just buy the NX at launch. I usually never get systems at launch, but I'm so done with the Wii U at this point.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

Waiting to see what else NX is launching with. They might make it a pack in game, and if there's other games worth getting and the reviews are good I'll adopt the new console right off the bat.

Otherwise, wii u... If it releases for both but I'd have to wait for a later NX launch I'm deff getting it on wii u.

edit: I'm not sure it's safe to assume this is the case yet, though... Unless they've taken the suicidal approach of not changing the NX's architecture, it would be difficult to have a port ready.

They said the NX was absorbing the Wii U's archutecture years ago. 

b00moscone said:
Don't get ahead of yourself, we've barely gotten any news on the NX itself!

But if it were to be confirmed, Wii U.

Nintendo's response to the Niji leak says all we need to. And now that that guy is literally in hiding, we have no reason to assume it's wrong. Maybe some details are but that's often the case with leaks of old information. 

Johnw1104 said:

They delayed the game an entire year, twice. The second time RIGHT after promising not to delay it, and gave no reason for that delay. They've got the NX version on pace for launch.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I don't have a WiiU. NX it is. But I'm waiting on updates on the console, I want a Zelda U on a handheld NX.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

spemanig said:
Johnw1104 said:

They said the NX was absorbing the Wii U's archutecture years ago. 

How the heck did I miss that... What did they mean by "absorb"? That dates back to the gamecube.

May opt for the NX version tbh depending on what else it launches with.