By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumour] NX release date !

oniyide said:
Wildcard36qs said:
Unless they drop the bomb at E3 and make it available immediately. That would definitely make some waves. I'd love it if they did that.

Sega pulled that crap with Saturn...didnt work out

Sega only told select retailers and didnt tell 3rd parties about the bumped up launch which pissed off retailers who were left out and 3rd parties who were developing games for the original launch date. Also very few people had access to the internet in 1995 compared to now which means most consumers didnt even know about it.

I don't think they will do that but just because it didnt work for Sega over 20 years ago doesn't mean it can't work for Nintendo in 2016.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Excellent! Lets start a countdown clock to E3!

Guys, they could be right! June... 2017. Believe xD

So are they going to show it at E3 and reveal that its out right now?

It just seems like Nintendo is taking a page after Steve Jobs and Apple on the NX release. They building up suspense, keeping tight lipped about everything, and then they are going to drop a bomb. At least that is what I wish they are doing.

Around the Network

lol no.

BBC is definitely not an accurate source when it comes to gaming.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

Sega pulled that crap with Saturn...didnt work out

Sega only told select retailers and didnt tell 3rd parties about the bumped up launch which pissed off retailers who were left out and 3rd parties who were developing games for the original launch date. Also very few people had access to the internet in 1995 compared to now which means most consumers didnt even know about it.

I don't think they will do that but just because it didnt work for Sega over 20 years ago doesn't mean it can't work for Nintendo in 2016.

People are seriously entertaining this?

What home console launch (other than the Wii) has worked out for Nintendo in the last 20 years? Yes the internet will save them. The vast majority of video game players go not buy Nintendo products and never will.

elektranine said:
zorg1000 said:

People are seriously entertaining this?

What home console launch (other than the Wii) has worked out for Nintendo in the last 20 years? Yes the internet will save them. The vast majority of video game players go not buy Nintendo products and never will.

Its definitely not going to happen, im simply saying things are alot different in 2016 than they were in 1995 and saying it didnt work for Sega does not mean that it can't work for someone else.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Even if Nintendo plan to release the console this year, I think it makes more sense for November instead of June.

Very doubtful on this one

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]