By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Pokemon Sun & Moon be Gen VII or another B2&W2

Probably Gen 7. If not, they would just name it after XY like someone already mentioned. Plus, it looks like a totally different subject.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Sun/Moon can possibly be a code name, or even a trademark made just in case that might never become a game. I think if they are indeed games, it will be a new gen.

But I still expect X2/Y2. Maybe Sun/Moon indeed exist, but it does'nt mean they will be announced/launch this year, maybe Nintendo made sure they had that Trademark for the futur.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Einsam_Delphin said:
HylianYoshi said:
Gen 7, I'm sure about 99%. I mean, how the heck does Sun and Moon relate to the letters X and Y?

What's the 1%? :L

The lack of confirmation of anything to begin with. Which probably should be more than just a single percent of doubt, but I'll stay cocky.

bet: lost

Nem said:
Pretty sure its a new gen. If it was a direct sequal it would be X2 and Y2 or Z.

Unless it's a sequel that incorporates both X/Y and OR/AS.

Think about it - Sun = Drought = Groudon, Moon = Tides = Water = Kyogre. Sun goes with Yveltal, Moon goes with Xerneas.

HylianYoshi said:

The lack of confirmation of anything to begin with. Which probably should be more than just a single percent of doubt, but I'll stay cocky.

The trademark is real, and for it to happen right before the direct is not likely a coincidence. Plus the names give meaning to Masuda's seemingly random twitter post about the moon being visible while the sun is out. Yeah still not official confirmation that Sun n Moon will be revealed tomorrow, but it's pretty much the safest bet ever. I atleast am 100% sure it will be Sun n Moon thus it will be Gen 7!

Around the Network

I think it is Gen 7.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Aielyn said:

Sun goes with Yveltal, Moon goes with Xerneas.

No they don't, Yvetal is Darkness n Death, Xerrneas is Life, and a tree. Plus who are they gonna have on the boxart? That whole idea is ridiculous and you know it!

The 6th gen isn't young at all (or won't be by these games' expected release date towards the end of the year). Gen 7 is coming, prepare yourselves.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Aielyn said:

Sun goes with Yveltal, Moon goes with Xerneas.

No they don't, Yvetal is Darkness n Death, Xerrneas is Life, and a tree. Plus who are they gonna have on the boxart? That whole idea is ridiculous and you know it!

I said "goes with", not "represents". I was making the point that one can link one of the two from each pair of games to each of sun and moon. That is, X and Alpha Sapphire naturally align with Moon and Y and Omega Ruby naturally align with Sun. Their boxart legendaries align, too. I'm NOT suggesting that the Sun/Moon boxart would have multiple legendaries, or even those legendaries at all.

So if they made a sequel pair that is a sequel to both current pairs, then Moon would be the sequel to X and AS, and Sun would be the sequel to Y and OR.

The linking for Yveltal and the Sun is more about appearance and natural association. Yveltal is bright red and when it's coming to the end of its life, it absorbs all life, and when it's done doing so, it'll go back into its cocoon. When the sun is in the process of dying, it'll go an angry red, expand to absorb Mercury, Venus, and Earth, and then shrink down to a white dwarf.

Similarly, the Moon aligns with Xerneas, which has the appear of a dappled or ethereal glow that one would associate with night. Its colour is a muted blue like the night, it learns Geomancy which could be associated with the moon's effect on tides.

Einsam_Delphin said:
HylianYoshi said:

The trademark is real, and for it to happen right before the direct is not likely a coincidence. Plus the names give meaning to Masuda's seemingly random twitter post about the moon being visible while the sun is out. Yeah still not official confirmation that Sun n Moon will be revealed tomorrow, but it's pretty much the safest bet ever. I atleast am 100% sure it will be Sun n Moon thus it will be Gen 7!

I never doubted whether it's real or not. I'm sure it is. I'm just saying that we don't know anything so it there still is a possibility that it's a 6.5 gen thing, which I highly doubt, thus alluding to my "1%" possibility that it could be just that. 

bet: lost