By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League – 2.7 Million Out Of The 4 Million Total “Priced” Sales Are Coming From The PC

far too hard to call.

A. We dont know what Sony paid them for putting it on Plus.
B. You cant measure the viral effect of so many people getting it for free and telling everyone else how amazing it is.

Around the Network

the devs themselves said the PS+ deal was essential in getting the word out there and in crowding the servers, as for a game like this an active community is absolutely vital

obviously they made less money per copy on the PS+ downloads, but I expect that deal alone was enough to ensure a nice little profit from the game with the added bonus of word of mouth exploding and the game reaping enormous profits from regularly bought copies

It's hard to believe putting it on PS+ was a bad business decision, especially since they probably received a hefty hunk of change off that deal too.

Putting it on PS+ was indeed a good idea. That's where much of the hype came from.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

This won't end well on here....

99% sure that whatever sales numbers are pulled out, they are going to be wrong. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Genius move putting this on ps plus. It allowed the game to go mega viral and that rubbed off on the pc community too.

With the retail version coming it will be a TEN MILLION seller on ps4 alone. Just an absolute beast.

Rocket league 2 will sell a shit ton on both pc and ps4.

And considering it was free I'm very surprised the ps4 version has sold that much.

Chazore said:

This won't end well on here....

99% sure that whatever sales numbers are pulled out, they are going to be wrong. 

What does that mean?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

obviously because of the ps+ deal that people got it for free, the ps4 number sales are even more amazing since even if it was free on plus it still sold pretty well afterwards

I find it impressive that the ps4 version manage to sell 1.3m after being free specially when most sales and hype came when it was free on ps plus.

ohmylanta1003 said:

What does that mean?

It means trying to say PC did better than PS4 is likely to be wrong, just like every other time someone tries to make the same claim, even using Steam Spy.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"