By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your favorite rpgs on Gamecube?

Gotta go with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It's the best Paper Mario yet imo, and one of the best RPGs of its gen, let alone of the GameCube.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Mine would be Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Tales of Symphonia, and Gladius, in that order.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I played Tales of Symphonia, but I didn't really enjoy it. My favorite JRPGs on Gamecube are probably games I played on Dreamcast. I loved Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online.

I have a copy of Paper Mario for Gamecube but never played it. Maybe one day I will.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Since you counted Skies of Arcadia, so will I... : D Also

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Tales of Symphonia

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is good too, haha

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

1 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (also one my favorite games ever)
2 - Tales of Symphonia
3 - Baten Kaitos Origins

Can't think of any others...but I loved all three of these titles. *thinking intensifies*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I go with Tales of Symphonia.

Baten Kaitos . Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean definitely! I loved it back in the day, nevefr understood the new Card battle system of Origins though...

I didn't enjoy that much Tales of Symphonia to be honest, and FF Crystal Chronicles is not a fun game as a single player...

Another RPG I rather enjoyed was Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It was a bit above OK.

b00moscone said:
Although i haven't actually played any RPGs on a Gamecube, i've played the PS3 port of Tales of Symphonia and enjoyed it a lot!

o:

My favourite is Tales of Symphonia

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

RolStoppable said:

In hindsight, the entire game is more or less a troll job to make everything as annoying as possible. Item drop rates and upgrade logic are no exception. I do not recommend this game.

BasilZero said:

Somewhat but its a party/multiplayer based game. You will have to grind a lot if you are playing it solo (and even that is as bad as playing a MMO especially if you are trying to get better gear)

Thank you for the replies. 

Skies of Arcadia
Skies of Arcadia
And,
Skies of Arcadia