By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Charts February 6, 2016

Uncharted 3 : 150,418(+7,329)
Uncharted 4 : 415,760(+9,175)

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
97alexk said:

Twilight Princess is my fave game of all time actually, and i must admit, those pre-order numbers sound wayy too high. Like seriously 600 000 pre-orders only in America?Thats insane

Would be fun to see the HD version (of a game that was also on GC, Wii), beat the sales that took the Wii more than 3months to sell.

Imagine the Wii U version of this game selling 12 times faster than the Wii did...

would be most impressive, and will happend if these pre order numbers are correct.

Guess we ll just have to wait until release, and see if Nintendo make a press release stateing 1m sold within 1week.

While I don't believe the numbers are completely accurate, I do think it has high pre-order numbers. Mainly due to a lack of Zelda in the Wii U's life, not as many big games releasing on Wii U in general, and that wolf Link amiibo. If it sells that fast out of the gates I don't think it'll have any sort of normal legs like Zelda normally would.

I'm not sure if TPHD would even beat the pre-orders first week. It seems a bit too much!

JRPGfan said:

614,143 units of Twilight Princess HD (WiiU), and 4 more weeks of 25k?

I look forwards to seeing Twillight Princess HD selling 700,000 units day 1, from Pre orders.

1M+ sales day 1 announcement from Nintendo?

Do people actually think this isnt a crazy overestimation of preorder?

How many older Zelda remasters, have sold 1m+ day1?

look at this:

"During its first week, the game was sold with three of every four Wii purchases and passing one million Wii units sold in North America within three months."

Zelda TP sold REALLY well back with the Wii, when those sales where picking up, and it still took 3months to reach 1M.

But now with wii U sales basically dead, and on a much smaller install base, a re-release of a old game (most nintendo fans probably have already played), is suddenly going to sell in 1day, what took the Wii more than 3 months?

When the installed base is 0, it's kinda hard to break 1 million quickly.

Ultimately, TPHD is an improved version of a game that sold like 8 million copies. If 10% of those people + some who never played it buy TPHD at launch, you have your million.

Looking at these Quantum Break numbers i'm not surprised they did that marketing gag recently to try and get people talking about it.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Erazor_DJ said:
QuantumBreak is doing very badly...

There is really no incentive to pre-order. Unless you want the cross-buy version, which is digital so it wouldn't impact these charts anyways. 

When TP HD launches, will finally see if the preorders are actually this high :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
When TP HD launches, will finally see if the preorders are actually this high :p

It'll be at least double :o

Porcupine_I said:
Looking at these Quantum Break numbers i'm not surprised they did that marketing gag recently to try and get people talking about it.

If you compare it to Alan wakes pre orders at the same time its higher.

Erazor_DJ said:
QuantumBreak is doing very badly...

I don't think so, for a campaign only game it is decent not to mention that people were offered Alan Wake when you purchase it digitally. I do expect an increase thanks to last Thursdays announcement.

Proud to be a Californian.