By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lovers, how did you feel when Sega finally died?

I never really got into gaming until after Sega made the switch so I don't feel anything either way :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Very very sad.

Both Nintendo and Sega made consoles in a similar spirit. Although Sega's way was unique in and of itself.

Something irreplacable was lost. Unlike if say, Sony or Microsoft would have left.

Essentiallu sega and nin are game companys. 

Sony and ms is more like tech companys. Either way im cool with my xbone. But sega man. 

Sega left a hole in the market no one ever managed to fill.

Although they missed alot more than Nintendo (consistency of quality), they were also a hell of a lot more experimental. Something the modern AAA market shied away from and the AA market dying completely destroyed.

They were true pioneers of gaming and get a lot less credit than they deserve.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I am Nintendo fan but I was also fan of Sega, I would love to we have Sega console instead Microsoft.

I honestly can´t remember when that happened xD

Personally, I wasn´t a hater, I simply had no interest at all in sega, for me the snes was miles better and never liked sega that much.
I have only enjoyed one Sonic game (from gamecube) so I don´t know how I felt, I probably just felt indifferent.

Thinking about that in perspective, well, it´s sad, it could happen to Nintendo or even the other two.

Around the Network

The comments in this thread make me feel super duper old. :(

Lol, I hear ya

personally, I was always more of a sega fan back in the day.  I literally had just about every console they put out (even the 32x and the nomad).  However, when the day came that they threw in the towel on hardware... I was kinda happy.  The dreamcast is the only sega console I didn't get, and it's because I felt so burned by the Saturn.  Specifically how they dropped it right after the first scenario of shining force 3.  There is nothing more frustrating then only being able to one third of one of the greatest games ever...  

At the time I was thinking "oh, cool. We're going to get all of those great Sega exclusives on every platform now". Then a decade went by and Sega became a shell of its former self. It's like a cautionary tale as to why I don't want Nintendo to go 3rd party.

Well I was an avid Sega fan and I'm a fan of some Nintendo stuff.

I dont think Nintendo fans were really paying attention to Sega but gladly bought their games on Gamecube. Quite frankly, Sega made the Gamecube library stronger.

As a long time fan of Sega I was genuinely upset. I imported Shenmue 2 and eventually downloaded overseas games to extend the life of my Dreamcast. I eventually got all the sixth gen consoles but Sega games went down in quality not long into going multiplat.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

This rivalry happened when I was just a wee tot so I didn't have the chance to pledge my allegiance to either one but even so in retrospect, as a Nintendo fan now, I'm pretty saddened they "died." I remember loving/playing my Genesis a lot more than my NES or SNES.