By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lovers, how did you feel when Sega finally died?

Nintendo fans are sore losers and winners. When sony beat up dc they never went talking bad. It was like they lost a good system. Sega fans were really busy playing sega games and ignoring that sega nin battle the nin fanboys were like a kindergarten full of kids

Around the Network
Semmie said:
Nintendo fans are sore losers and winners. When sony beat up dc they never went talking bad. It was like they lost a good system. Sega fans were really busy playing sega games and ignoring that sega nin battle the nin fanboys were like a kindergarten full of kids

Yeah, right. I can provide you thousands of comments on Mario YT videos about those Sega fantastic fans. There are pricks everywhere. We're talking good about Sega in this post, for example (or just indifferently about its fate).

After reading thru the comments, I guess fans of both were rare, huh...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Semmie said:

Evidently you are more like how you describe Nintendo fans though, being as here you are not ignoring supposed console rivalries.

How many times do we have to hear from d21lewis that he bought a dreamcast one week before Sega gave up?

Stop blaming yourself... its not your fault.. let it go..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Yeah. Even though I wound up appreciating Sega, I was squarely in Nintendo's camp. Those "Genesis does" commercials felt like a direct attack to my family! But when it was all over, the balance of the world seemed a bit off. 

d21lewis said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah. Even though I wound up appreciating Sega, I was squarely in Nintendo's camp. Those "Genesis does" commercials felt like a direct attack to my family! But when it was all over, the balance of the world seemed a bit off. 

Strangely enough, I don't think I ever saw those commercials, at least I don't remember them... I also didn't know what a Sega Saturn was either... xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I liked both Sega & Nintendo back then, but man i was pretty sad that Sega gave up on hardware business & discontinued Dreamcast production.

"Now I can get Sega games without paying for an extra console". Epic Winning!

indifferent, wasn't old enough when they left the console market

but I will say that in retrospect I am not too heartbroken about it. if they had left the console market after the Genesis it would have been more heart breaking. but to see the timeline not so much. not only were some of their consoles rushed throwaways (Saturn  anyone?), but they ignored a lot of their IPs and continue to do so. Golden Axe? Alex Kidd?

Sega just entirely has thrown a bunch of their IP in the basement. and this was before they were out of the console market. so hard to care.

I like the Dreamcast but the reality is Sega was throwing out a lot of crap in terms of hardware in the 90s. The Sega CD, 32x, and Saturn were all not that well thought out and were not supported long enough

at any rate Sega is still alive so you may want to rephrase the question. I am indifferent today though when I bear in mind what Sega had already become in the mid 90s and what they are today.