By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Feb 8th-14th 2016

Jesus Christ. Both games are doing fantastically. Are we really having this 'discussion' for three pages now?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Jesus Christ. Both games are doing fantastically. Are we really having this 'discussion' for three pages now?

It will last until Next Wednesday/Thursday! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kresnik said:

Never said it wasn't both fantastic. We are arguing which have better legs. Which I gave my reasons for. If anything people can join in and sell their points to why either have better legs instead of getting upset, especially when the thread is practically dead already :/

tbone51 said:

Never said it wasn't both fantastic. We are arguing which have better legs. Which I gave my reasons for. If anything people can join in and sell their points to why either have better legs instead of getting upset, especially when the thread is practically dead already :/

But it's just boiled down to a fanbase argument.  You're a Nintendo fan and are saying Splatoon has better legs.  You're getting countered by Vita fans who are saying Minecraft has better legs.  And both sides are repeating the same arguments at this point.

Like I say, both have done great.  Does it really matter that much beyond that?  You can spin the argument either way.  For example, Minecraft has had much better 'legs' cmpared to its FW sales:

Minecraft = 36,151 FW / 660,143 LT (18.26 x FW sales)

Splatoon = 144,818 FW / 1,251,264 (8.64 x FW sales)

But that's because Splatoon had a much bigger FW, and then had much bigger weeks after that, so realistically been a stronger long-term seller.

Keep at it if you want.  Like you say, thread doesn't have much else going on, and I'm not here to control what gets discussed.  But for me it's not been particularly fun to read this back and forth (and I know I can stop reading, absolutely, but I like Japan-sales discussions, just not when it's an epeen measuring contest regarding two extremely successful games for their relative unsuccessful consoles).

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

But it's just boiled down to a fanbase argument.  You're a Nintendo fan and are saying Splatoon has better legs.  You're getting countered by Vita fans who are saying Minecraft has better legs.  And both sides are repeating the same arguments at this point.

Like I say, both have done great.  Does it really matter that much beyond that?  You can spin the argument either way.  For example, Minecraft has had much better 'legs' cmpared to its FW sales:

Minecraft = 36,151 FW / 660,143 LT (18.26 x FW sales)

Splatoon = 144,818 FW / 1,251,264 (8.64 x FW sales)

But that's because Splatoon had a much bigger FW, and then had much bigger weeks after that, so realistically been a stronger long-term seller.

Keep at it if you want.  Like you say, thread doesn't have much else going on, and I'm not here to control what gets discussed.  But for me it's not been particularly fun to read this back and forth (and I know I can stop reading, absolutely, but I like Japan-sales discussions, just not when it's an epeen measuring contest regarding two extremely successful games for their relative unsuccessful consoles).

It could look like a fan war especially with me choosing splatoon but like I said in previous discussions. Both as well as YW and AC have best legs this gen. But I'm still saying that there has never been a game that constantly sold more than hardware weekly. 

Again, either it be sony or nintendo I'm not using biased when coming up with my answer. Which clearly is the opposite for the other user. I know both games, like I said are the best of the generation thus far. But when it comes down to it, there hasn't been a game that does what splatoon does. That's all. 

Minecraft will continue to sell very well, especially when vita will continue to grow unlike the WiiU which hasn't even gotten the stock back up yet. If vita were selling 5k a week, minecraft wouldn't be selling 10k+ like splatoon. And Splatoon has a much less userbase to sell through that does not have the game. = Better legs

That said, I'm done. I'll let it go for now

Around the Network

Yeah we're just discussing it. I'd rather people contributed rather than gave out.

Tbone I'm just saying minecraft vita will have better legs. I'm not arguing which did better in 2015 or overall but I'm saying a year from now splatoon won't be outselling the vita sku of minecraft weekly.

I'd agree that splatoon legs are more impressive so far given the circumstances but vita minecraft are better. In 10 years when people dig up the historical data for the best game legs vita minecraft will be ahead of Splatoon on the list because the hard data will support it. It sold for longer on the weekly charts.

OneKartVita said:
Yeah we're just discussing it. I'd rather people contributed rather than gave out.

Tbone I'm just saying minecraft vita will have better legs. I'm not arguing which did better in 2015 or overall but I'm saying a year from now splatoon won't be outselling the vita sku of minecraft weekly.

If we are talking at a longer rate, it'll be Minecraft^ Splatoon's biggest flaw for legs is the WiiU itself. As i said before, Vita will continue to sell for  3-5 years and with that adopt new minecraft customers. So if your talking very long term, yes Minecraft will be more in lines with mk7+AC new leaf legs (games that are 2-5 years old and still selling alot)

And that's exactly what I'm saying. It's got version on lots of different platforms including the king mobile, but its still doing great on vita which ain't setting the world a light either.

As of now splatoon total sales more impressive but vita legs look like they will end up better.