By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would Mario Kart 9 sell lifetime if its multiplat?

How many units?

100 mio + (Most sold game ever) 14 12.61%

75 - 100 mio (Wii Sports Level) 8 7.21%

50-75 Mio (GTA V Level) 30 27.03%

25-50 Mio (Mario Kart Wii Level) 32 28.83%

12,5 - 25 Mio (Call of Duty Level) 12 10.81%

Less then 12,5 Mio 15 13.51%

Total:111

Over 9000!!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
JNK said:

Because NX will be similar to the wii and get people into gaming that would never buy an Xbox or Playstation.

Like grandfathers?

None the less, this us just a theoretical question ;) I highly doubt mk9 will go multipalt. Just curios if mario kart as a game could comepte against games like GTA V

I suppose it would do well enough, even if it's just by brand power. But there aren't that many cartoony kart games out there, so there's very little we could use to compare and guess.

I think Grand Theft Auto V was a fluke. Considering it came out when the PS360 had around a 160m userbase, and the next generation came indmidiately after, they were able to sell the game on almost every machine. 160m of PS360 + around 60m of PS4/XBone + PC is an inmense userbase. A game with the cache of GTA is bound to sell inmense numbers. GTA IV didn't do nearly as well because it came at a time when the userbase was less than a quarter than the one GTA V has.

yup thats why i said late 2017

Another thread of a fanboy wanting Nintendo games on other systems, great. The question here is how much would a Big Mac sell lifetime if its sold in Carl's Jr and Burguer King?

User was PM'd regarding this post ~ CGI-Quality

25-50 million I guess?

All I know is that I would lose out on content...

Around the Network

25Ml. Cod level.

I think it could sell in the 50-75M range, but most of the sales would come from PC... of course it would depend on the specs needed to run it, but I can see it selling that well after late 2017...

Roderic_Blackwood said:

Another thread of a fanboy wanting Nintendo games on other systems, great. The question here is how much would a Big Mac sell lifetime if its sold in Carl's Jr and Burguer King?

User was PM'd regarding this post ~ CGI-Quality

Basically, I really dont see point of questions like this because Mario Kart will be available only on Nintendo platforms.

It would sell stupidly well. Good thing Ninty cares more about doing their own thing than selling games.

25m.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54