By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's absurd how many channels Ubisoft has sponsored for Far Cry Primal

HylianYoshi said:
I saw JonTron's video earlier today. Anyways, I'm not sure what constitutes good preorder numbers, but it sure looks like Far Cry Primal is bombing in that regard, relative to everything else. It's actually more interesting looking than anything Ubisoft's made in the last 5+ years. What a shame.

Agreed, the game looks awesome and quite original compared to most other games by the big AAA developers. I will be buying this one for sure.

Around the Network

I thought it would be a holiday release until they started sponsoring these channels so it's definitely working.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ubisoft is getting deesperate with this game.

Not enough marketing = complaining
Too much marketing = complaining

Seriously... You just can't satisfy consumers... Regardless of console of choice.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I'd imagine a lot of people follow only a few channels/sources, so it would make sense for Ubisoft to try to reach out to as many of them in hope of reaching as many people as they can.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
so.... fuck ubisoft for marketing Farcry?

Fuck Ubisoft for 1, being Ubisoft, and 2, for putting even the little guys in their back pockets.  It's one thing to purchace IGN to keep your games image pure and beautiful, but to payoff the youtubers you're afraid of so they don't expose all the glitches and fuck ups your game will no doubt have?  Yeah, fuck Ubisoft for that.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
bananaking21 said:
so.... fuck ubisoft for marketing Farcry?

Fuck Ubisoft for 1, being Ubisoft, and 2, for putting even the little guys in their back pockets.  It's one thing to purchace IGN to keep your games image pure and beautiful, but to payoff the youtubers you're afraid of so they don't expose all the glitches and fuck ups your game will no doubt have?  Yeah, fuck Ubisoft for that.

Ubisoft doesn't have to give access of the game to anyone since it is not out yet. So there would be no exposure of glitches and fuckups anyway, unless they do it on their own.

While you do have to be more skeptical of the youtubers that are paid to present the game, I still believe it is better than the alternative of only getting carefully designed vertical slices of the game (as it used to be before YouTubers would get early access).

Profrektius said:
IkePoR said:

Ubisoft doesn't have to give access of the game to anyone since it is not out yet. So there would be no exposure of glitches and fuckups anyway, unless they do it on their own.

While you do have to be more skeptical of the youtubers that are paid to present the game, I still believe it is better than the alternative of only getting carefully designed vertical slices of the game (as it used to be before YouTubers would get early access).

They don't have to but they're not sponsoring these people because they're huge fans of their content.  They want them to play Primal and tell everyone how "amazing and flawless it is" with a laundry list of embargos and things the Youtuber cannot talk about - namely ANYTHING negative.  

This is similar to the case with that Lord of the Rings game(or whatever it was), where the company was so terrified of people not liking it that they bought Youtubers - only to find out the game was pretty great and it was a waste a lot of money.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

They don't have to but they're not sponsoring these people because they're huge fans of their content.  They want them to play Primal and tell everyone how "amazing and flawless it is" with a laundry list of embargos and things the Youtuber cannot talk about - namely ANYTHING negative.  

This is similar to the case with that Lord of the Rings game(or whatever it was), where the company was so terrified of people not liking it that they bought Youtubers - only to find out the game was pretty great and it was a waste a lot of money.

Well, that is basically how vertical slices work, but this reachers a wider audience. It is just a new medium for vertical slices. And I'd still prefer watching a YouTuber play the game even if he has been paid to be positive, as it is easier to see through them, than a slice released by the publisher which are far more carefully crafted.

I can see on the other hand that many people might be lead to believe that the positive impressions of the game from the YouTuber are completely unbiased, while they would be more skeptical if they saw a vertical slice from the publisher. Then again if E3 demos have ever taught me anything, is that people never learn, and are never skeptical enough.

I feel you shouldn't blame the company, it is their job to advertise the best from their product, and it is the customers job to be skeptical and try to see through them.