By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Reality check for some anti-Trump liberals

As most of us have realized, Trump isn't much of a good person. Of course, this doesn't come with surprise. It's obvious that he didn't become a multibillionaire by being a religious, kind, honest person. 

Saying that, him declaring a run at president generated positive and negative feedback. He's now a target for hilarious memes(which is all I honestly care for).

While I don't like Trump, I find it confusing when I see anti-Trump liberals support Clinton. I will not fend to namecalling(better for me not to), but isn't it ironic? Clinton is as dishonest as Trump. She is also a liar. I don't see how you can be against Trump, but support Clinton at the same time.

Why should we let Clinton off the mark? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

The email shit is just stupid. The stuff that was on her emails wasn't even classified at the time, but either way it shouldn't be the qualifier for what makes a president. 

If you don't like Hilary that's fine and dandy, but that is a lame reason to base a vote on.

Here's another pro-tip -- all people are liars, including you Herschel. Everyone lies at some point and everyone lies in politics, you wouldn't last a week as a politician if you said the straight truth that popped into your head every 10 seconds.

Trump isn't going to do half the things he's talking about either (like building a wall); he knows full well these plans aren't feasible, but he knows as a sales pitch they play well to low I.Q. xenophobic voters and he is playing them like a fiddle. He will go back on it if elected and blame Democrats and/or the Mexican government and/or his own party for blocking it, so he already has an "out". It's a pretty smart (though completely devious and amoral) manipulation actually. 

Why does being anti-trump mean I support clinton?

The email shit is stupid. It really is. I'm not even Pro Hilary, but when I think about issues affecting our county I don't think about her damn emails. People are obsessed with the damn emails. Fuck the damn emails.

theprof00 said:
Why does being anti-trump mean I support clinton?

*some

Not all

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
The email shit is stupid. It really is. I'm not even Pro Hilary, but when I think about issues affecting our county I don't think about her damn emails. People are obsessed with the damn emails. Fuck the damn emails.

Same here. The emails were blown out of proportion.

Yet, her viewpoints aren't the best. I care more about her viewpoints then her emails.

Soundwave said:

The email shit is just stupid. The stuff that was on her emails wasn't even classified at the time, but either way it shouldn't be the qualifier for what makes a president. 

If you don't like Hilary that's fine and dandy, but that is a lame reason to base a vote on.

Here's another pro-tip -- all people are liars, including you Herschel. Everyone lies at some point and everyone lies in politics, you wouldn't last a week as a politician if you said the straight truth that popped into your head every 10 seconds.

Trump isn't going to do half the things he's talking about either (like building a wall); he knows full well these plans aren't feasible, but he knows as a sales pitch they play well to low I.Q. xenophobic voters and he is playing them like a fiddle. He will go back on it if elected and blame Democrats and/or the Mexican government and/or his own party for blocking it, so he already has an "out". It's a pretty smart (though completely devious and amoral) manipulation actually. 

Actually, not really. We all lie. However, there's a reason why I'm your typical nobody.

I'm opting for the truth. I won't lie or do anything immoral to appeal to a certain group. That's the difference between me and current politicians. Oh, and concerning your pro-tip, I realized that long ago. It's the reason why I can't trust any of our politicians, let alone allow one to be a president for this country.

hershel_layton said:
Soundwave said:

Actually, not really. We all lie. However, there's a reason why I'm your typical nobody.

I'm opting for the truth. I won't lie or do anything immoral to appeal to a certain group. That's the difference between me and current politicians. Oh, and concerning your pro-tip, I realized that long ago. It's the reason why I can't trust any of our politicians, let alone allow one to be a president for this country.

Politicans are never truthful. And half the time the public is too stupid to be told the truth anyway. Geopolitics are all about deception, lying, and spin. It just is. It's like playing football and crying that someone hit you ... this isn't for the faint of heart. Bernie Sanders is the most "honest" candidate I've probably ever seen in my life, but his policies don't IMO have a great chance of succeeding, you can't alienate the rich class in the USA and get away with it. 

What you want at the end of the day realistically is someone *stable* and relatively sane, someone who won't do something too stupid (like invade a country under the false pre-tense of WMDs) or mindblowingly stupid (ie: trigger a nuclear war). 

I know what it is OP and it's called "integrity" but the idea itself is laughable since hardly anyone can uphold their virtues constantly aside from the messiah himself ...

There's always this pride in humans no matter how tiny it is taints our better wisdom to see one's shadow ...

Judging people in the name of ethics and principles is absolute folly IMO ...

I consider snowden a hero, and while i don't know much about Clinton she can't be worse than Trump.