By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Mass Effect Andromeda Thread! WE'VE GOT GAMEPLAY!!!

We got gameplay!

HOLY SHIT!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!! 4 57.14%

LOOKS LIKE UTTER SHIT!!! 1 14.29%

I never was a big fan of Mass Effect anyway. 2 28.57%

Total:7
starcraft said:

Whilst this can hardly be called good, you'd want to think that at this late stage in development, the vast majority of plot, setting and dialogue writing would be complete.

Not only that but a lead writer would work with like 5 or 6 others so... According to IMDB he only wrote Halo 4 before. That doesn't bode well to me, I don't think that game had plot.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
starcraft said:

Whilst this can hardly be called good, you'd want to think that at this late stage in development, the vast majority of plot, setting and dialogue writing would be complete.

Not only that but a lead writer would work with like 5 or 6 others so... According to IMDB he only wrote Halo 4 before. That doesn't bode well to me, I don't think that game had plot.

It actually had a very good story. You had to have read some of the books though to fully understand everything though because of how in-depth they got with the lore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197306828&postcount=1

Confirmed for Q1 2017. 2016 release date was hopeful, but I guess we have to wait a bit longer...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197306828&postcount=1

Confirmed for Q1 2017. 2016 release date was hopeful, but I guess we have to wait a bit longer...

No.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:

No.

Think of it this way, Mass Effect is a Jan/Feb/Mar type of IP. It usually launches then and does well in that period! 

I know it's no consolation, but you know....

Haha I am pretty sure that was only ME3? The other two were end-of-year releases.

This will be a 5 year gap between Mass Effect games. Huge!

Around the Network

No isn't a real option.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

We all know the reason for the delay...

Mass Effect Andromeda NX confirmed.

Man this is sad news. I've been itching for a new Mass Effect game for years now (haven't found a good substitute either) so any delay is just painful.

However, if a delay means the game will just be that much better and polished, then I can live with it. Just really hoping that it comes out early 2017.

There was a leaked EA E3 run-sheet yesterday. Lists Mass Effect information in the early stages of EA's conference, and also alludes to a panel on virtual reality and Mass Effect...

They can delay it as much as they want. I have many games to keep me busy... A delay is better than a rushed game.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--