By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coin a new (Video Game) term/word, worthy of Urban Dictionary, and elaborate on it

The Majora Effect

When a game considered underrated is overexposed to the point of being redundant.

P1: "Oh boy, another theory video on Majora's Mask! God, that's amazing! Majora's Mask is so deep and dark and amazing and underrated."

P2: "Ugh, this is bad. Let's call this crap the Majora Effect."

Sorry if this makes me seem like a dumbass.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Link Pouch

The ability for a video game character to carry an absurd amount of items and weapons.

"If Chris Redfield had a Link Pouch in Resident Evil instead of dealing with item management limitations, the game would have been too easy."

Sakurai'd.

When your favourite non-FE Smash character gets nerfed to accomodate the new FE brawler.

"Did you see the new Smash patch? Diddy Kong got Sakurai'd."

John2290 said:
Yoshiaphile

Those who love Shuhei Yoshia to an extreme, well above the norm.

"PS I love playstation XOXO but I love Shuhei more"

BONUS POINTS, BITCHEZ.

*Yoshidaphile

*Yoshida

bet: lost

Framer

An individual who won't consider playing a game unless it runs at sixty frames per second.

"That guy over there is soooo close minded!! He won't even give Bayonetta on PS3 a chance."

Inafune

Name given to an individual who makes promises but never delivers. See also: Business Executive.

"He promised to upload a Lets play of Luminous Arc, but he never did".

This Legacy Is Worthless

The action of having a "legacy edition", but said legacy will be a history of being forever known as a greedy identity. See also: Electronic Arts.

Around the Network

Rage Loop -

Getting caught in a repeating cycle of turning on a game, dying almost immediately, and quitting before saving any little progress made.

"I kept dying in that one part of Dark Souls and got caught in a rage loop."

Earthboned --

When your favorite game series has an entry in Japan but doesn't get localized.

I hope we don't get Earthboned with Dragon Quest XI...

FQUIBIS

(pronounced "fa-qwi-bis"): It's one I coined roughly a decade ago while playing Madden and NBA 2K games. It's the "4th quarter bullsh!t" that the AI starts doing in the 4 4th quarter of games in order to give the loser a chance to catch up. It's anything from constant fumbles, to errant passes, to not being able to make a shot or stop the opponent from scoring. It pretty much applies to every sports game that's being played at any skill level above the lowest setting.

"I was up by 2 TDs before the FQUIBIS kicked in. Ended up throwing a pick-6 and losing 2 fumbles!"

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Ungeared criticism

People who complain about a game or genre that they are unable to enjoy because it was never intended to be geared towards their tastes or what they understand as gaming.

The "Walking simulator" comes to mind.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Ragonizing - Causing great amount of rage.