By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Blizzard Announcement Tonight

I don't know how this looks, but it sure sounds cool!

warprey also very effective against structures - very vulnerable to small unit fire - shws warpreys getting wiped out by terran marines. Physics system lets debris from warpreys roll down a ramp. Showing one more unit - warped in in a serious of cubes - giant floating base - called a protoss mothership - can only have 1 at a time - cost big resources - special abilities include timebomb that slows all enemy missiles inside - shows terran missle launcher shooting in projectiles that stop in the field before they reach the ship - when field ends missiles drop the ground - planet cracker attack - giant lasers stream from ship to ground - ship can be moved around while planet cracker laser is active - the ship looks like a metallic, triangular sand dollar - mothership can create a black hole anywhere it wannts to - creates distortion that actually sucks ships in and destroys them - in the demo the black hole destroyed four terran battle cruisers in about ten seconds.

Around the Network

Thank you Blizzard.  I love you.  A decade wait...now make it worth it.

As for new races, the end of Broodwar, the hidden level, hinted at a Zerg-Protoss hybrid, so we'll see.  The major point is all the races need to be balanced.  Starcraft was perfection in that it had 3 completely unique races with completely unique units, buildings, and abilities, and yet it was balanced.  We'll see if they can repeat that.

weezy said:
ya i guess ppl who play games in some eyes are nerds i consider myself a nerd THE COOLEST FU@KING NERD IN THE WORLD!@

No not like that, you know what I mean.  Those people who waste half of their life on online games.

wii wins by default cause all the other ones SUCK

hahah but to be serious i own a 360 and I am  happy with it as well..but 'do is my heart

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

No not like that, you know what I mean.  Those people who waste half of their life on online games.

you dont have to explain yourself..im not the sensitive type unlike many ppl..who honestly cares if someone is trolling and flaming?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:

you dont have to explain yourself..im not the sensitive type unlike many ppl..who honestly cares if someone is trolling and flaming?

I'm a first time forum user, is that what I was doing? Let me review..... holy crap, by nerdy online definition by which I'm embarrassingly and slowly learning, I was. I didn't even realize your in the world statement until now. No wait, I wasn't because I didn't realize I was doing it until mentioned it and I was joking (except the half of life online part).

I have loved Starcraft alot, IMO its the best RTS game out there, most balanced and very fast pace game play. but now after seeing SC2 footage, I hate to say it but, I"m not impress of it going 3D. 3D never worked for a fast pace game like Starcraft, blizzard need to realize the fun factor of SC1 is the fast pace gameplay. going 3D will end up like C&C which plays horrible.

ckmlb said:
3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.
edit :

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

gebx said:
OMG it's exclusive to the 360!!

Not at all, it's exclusive for PC ( and Mac ).

Source :

http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790148p1.html 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Pk9394 said:
I have loved Starcraft alot, IMO its the best RTS game out there, most balanced and very fast pace game play. but now after seeing SC2 footage, I hate to say it but, I"m not impress of it going 3D. 3D never worked for a fast pace game like Starcraft, blizzard need to realize the fun factor of SC1 is the fast pace gameplay. going 3D will end up like C&C which plays horrible.

uhh...yeah...the game looks just like starcraft 1 except better.  it looks like it will run just fine on old systems, indicating that the gameplay will be fast.