By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony Won't Deploy PS4 Exclusives on PC

There realy wasnt the need for an article about this. MS has a foot in the PC business, its smart for them to have theyre games on both plataforms, specialy because the XOne is loosing the console race, so it doesnt matter much if they loose a couple extra sales because ppl will play Quantum Break on the PC. It makes less than 0 sense for Sony to release anything on PC tough.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They know what a true exclusive is. Microsoft hasn't since they entered the industry.

MS doesn't really have much incentive to keep their games off Windows. They own it and can make more money pushing software on it.

As I've pointed out many times before, numerous titles that move the most consoles are also on PC or multiplat.

LOL I fail to see the current incentive outside of trying to go up against steam. There is no way they are going to pose a threat to them anyway. We all know Microsoft wants cross platform, but thats nothing new any longer. Sony will already be deep in it once Street Fighter 5 drops.

As far as mobile goes, if Sony would pull their head out of their ass and actually get the Xperia supported by the major 4 carriers with even a decent ad campaign, they would see a positive reaction. As it stands the support they give is half assed.

I must say I'm very impressed by the iPhone 6S. This is the first time I've ever owned an iPhone without intending to flip it.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Lawlight said:

The UI looks terrible compared to Windows 7.

Agreed. And Windows 7 does everything that i need it to do, so there's no reason for me to switch.

Agree too Win7 is better, but i have free upgrade to win10 because of directx 12 and this will end with a better protected pc since no more update on win7, but i wish they would just keep all UI from 7.

On Topic, only exclusivity make me buy a console, even if i buy multiplat game.

Saeko said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Agreed. And Windows 7 does everything that i need it to do, so there's no reason for me to switch.

Agree too Win7 is better, but i have free upgrade to win10 because of directx 12 and this will end with a better protected pc since no more update on win7, but i wish they would just keep all UI from 7.

I'm still getting Windows 7 updates.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Saeko said:

Aye but they said they gonna stop support in july 2017 if remember, so just a matter of time, so i training to get used to win10 ^^

Saeko said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Aye but they said they gonna stop support in july 2017 if remember, so just a matter of time, so i training to get used to win10 ^^

AH. I'm keeping 7 until i have to get a new computer, whenever that is. Probably 4 or 5 more years. Unless websites stop supporting it before then, that is.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I feel bringing Playstation to new markets has become crucial as some markets move away from Playstation. Japan seems to enjoy phone games. The west is strong for PS4 but casual gamers seem to be content with mobile devices as well. Its uncertain how much success Playstation will find in markets that opt for PC gaming (especially when PC is the cheaper option). The failure that is Vita also means Playstation has lost relevance in a market Playstation was once strong.

I feel Sony is less relevant as they have left some markets, sell things off, etc. If they had as much money as MS lying around, I'm sure would try to expand as well. Even their odds of penetrating some markets was slim.

There aren't any markets moving away from PlayStation, merely, it  is shifting in general (we're only talking about Japan, and that applies to all home consoles - not something against PlayStaion, specifically). Next, the Vita isn't any indication, at all, of what the brand's strength is. If it were, you wouldn't have the record seller that is the PS4. Lastly, Germany, as an example, is a place that is heavily PC skewed. PlayStation has absolutely no trouble there at all.

I wasn't implying the shift was only affecting Sony.

I feel the Vita is absolutely part of the brand's overall strength. When Sony had a successful home console and mobile console, that's quite simply a stronger brand. The same goes for Nintendo, they were more successful when Wii and DS were mega popular.

I believe consoles have been relevant in Germany for a few generations now. PC gaming nowadays offers much of the same titles. Also, I don't feel consoles really have the content that really appeals to markets outside the west. But maybe I'm wrong or that can change.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

MS doesn't really have much incentive to keep their games off Windows. They own it and can make more money pushing software on it.

As I've pointed out many times before, numerous titles that move the most consoles are also on PC or multiplat.

LOL I fail to see the current incentive outside of trying to go up against steam. There is no way they are going to pose a threat to them anyway. We all know Microsoft wants cross platform, but thats nothing new any longer. Sony will already be deep in it once Street Fighter 5 drops.

Perhaps there is money to be made without going directly against Steam. The content in their market place is very different than what Steam offers. If they wanted to compete with Steam, they would add a ton of PC games on Steam to the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is apps, music, movies, casual games and its now getting some AAA games. Steam is just the place to go for hardcore PC gaming. Windows Store and Steam are very different.

MS is bridging the gap between Xbox and WIndows. Crossplay is part of that. I think MS likes that Sony is doing crossplat with PC because its Windows.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I wasn't implying the shift was only affecting Sony.

I feel the Vita is absolutely part of the brand's overall strength. When Sony had a successful home console and mobile console, that's quite simply a stronger brand. The same goes for Nintendo, they were more successful when Wii and DS were mega popular.

I believe consoles have been relevant in Germany for a few generations now. PC gaming nowadays offers much of the same titles. Also, I don't feel consoles really have the content that really appeals to markets outside the west. But maybe I'm wrong or that can change.

The PlayStation is, arguably, the strongest it's ever been. The Vita hasn't done much to it at all (wasn't going to, anyway - the life and blood of the brand is in the home console market).

I feel when PS2 and PSP were simultaneously successful, that was the strongest Playstation had ever been. In that period, people were excited about everything Sony was doing.

Nowadays... not the case.

Recently Completed